Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

justin vs tutorial

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't know what to do!! My friend has won tickets to meet Justin Timberlake and has front row tickets to his concert on Friday. She has asked me to come and I really would like to. BUT I have a presentation in my sociology tutorial on that day as well and I would feel bad for letting my group down. I could email them my work though and say I was really ill.
What shall I do?

Comments

• Options
    I'm going to see Justin on Friday! :D but not front row :(

Go and swoon at him you lucky cow!!
  • Options
    When would you meet Justin? Is there anyway you can do the presentation then meet your friend?
  • Options
    I couldn't do my presentation any other time but it is with a group and another girl can't make it as well. I've not missed any of them this semester at all though. I have to get the train at 1pm because we have to be in London by 3ish. My tutorial is at 3. It's a stupid time to have it anyway!
  • Options
    Go to sociologly. You may find doing that to be cool now, but in 2 weeks when you look back, you'll realize that Justin is... well, you'll realize it, and then you'll realize that meeting famous people and talking to them and maybe touching them eeekkk!!!!! giggle giggle giggle, is actually a very retarded pointless demeaning thing to do to yourself.
  • Options
    Surely they could try and reschedule if there weren't enough people to do it? That's a but daft... Is it an important, final year presentation, or a piddly little first year thing?
  • Options
    go go go

I think that you should go to the concert despite what anyone else says it is a once in a lifetime opportunity. This message may contain a bias due to the fact that I am the friend taking you!!
  • Options
    First year ten minute one. I don't like to feel like I'm letting people down but it IS a once in a lifetime opportunity. My parents made me feel guilty though. :(
  • Options
    If it's a first year one then, well I think you're coming down with yellow fever doll and need to go to the docs...
  • Options
    Go meet Justin.

As if there's a debate about it. It's only first year.
  • Options
    better idea....give me the ticket and i'll go and u can do your presentation....its win win!!