Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

am i weird

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i used to self harm and last night i was upstairs and i had the urge to do it and i did the problem is my whole arm is covered again with scratches i wont to complety stop but im scared of telling some one just incase they think im attention seeking:mad:

Comments

• Options
    No your not weird at all. Many people on this site self harm, me inculded. Imo self harm problems never go away, they just lay low for a while till you get another craving to do it. weather you have grown strong enough to resist is another thing. ive not S/H for a good few weeks but still the scars are a constant reminder of it and now i cant wear sleve less tops.
    Im not sure what else to say really. sorry.
    But your not weird no.
  • Options
    thanks i wanna stop but i dont want my home to find out and evry think cos ppl will think im an attention seeker
    :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by K.N.S
    thanks i wanna stop but i dont want my home to find out and evry think cos ppl will think im an attention seeker
    :mad:
    I struggled with the same ideas, but don't worry. If you genuinely need help, people will see that.

Take care!
    xxx
  • Options
    Not weird at all.

Go and see a doctor, they will help you and they wont think youre attention-seeking.
  • Options
    I used to do this - not for very long, but people still found out and were really upset. I think people knowing about it is a good thing, though - well it is for me, anyway. I know now that if I did it again, I wouldn't just be hurting myself, I'd be hurting the people who care about me. And that helps me not to do it.

I think the first step is actually wanting to stop. Many people try to but at the end of the day they don't really want to stop doing it. If you want to, then you CAN beat it.

Good Luck.
  • Options
    what LSS said is true, if u want to stop u can! Go and see a doc, they wont think you are attention seeking atall. I hope it works out ok. x
  • Options
    As the others have already said, it is very normal to find it difficult to stop self harming forever. That is why there are so many support networks for you to turn to. There are people who you can talk to in confidence that can offer a friendly ear as well as some really good advice.
    The Self Harm Alliance
    Practical information for self harmers and the family and friends of people who self harm. The helpline offers emotional support and is open: Tuesday 6-7pm; Thursday 11am-1pm; and Sunday 6-7pm.
    Helpline: 01242 578820; www.selfharmalliance.org
    The Self Harm Alliance has a helpline that offers emotional support and is open: Tuesday 6-7pm; Thursday 11am-1pm; and Sunday 6-7pm. Telephone: 01242 578820; www.selfharmalliance.org

SANELINE also offers practical information, crisis care and emotional support to anybody affected by mental health problems. The service is open from 12 noon until 2am.
    Telephone: 0845 767 8000 Website: www.sane.org.uk

Remember that there are always peope nearby to help you, and have faith that you haven't self harmed for a while, so there's no need to introduce it back into your life again.

Good luck
    :)
  • Options
    thank u. but if i go to my gp will they inform my home because thats all i need
  • Options
    No. Patient/doctor confidentiality.

PM me if you want a friendly chat :) I've been there, done that and got the scars.

Take care xx
  • Options
    thanks feather its all pretty messed up and i aint got a clue what to do
  • Options
    Can i ask how old you are? Just because the docter isnt aloud to tell your parents unless he things youare going to like kill your self, but with alot of self harm cases its not about suiside. And even then he/she cant if you are over 16 i think.
  • Options
    im nearly 16 but i dont like talkin about to ppl face to face because i fell silly
  • Options
    If you are concerned about confidentiality call one of the helplines I suggested. It is bbest to do it from a phone other than at home in case the number shows up on the bill, but apart from that they are completely confidential and really will help you to find some answers.

Take care