Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Christmas songs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
There haven't really been any decent Christmas songs in the charts for more than a decade. Indeed, radio stations still bring out the old Slade and Wizzard classics every year. So I am very excited that 2003 will see the return of the 70s style christmas song to the top 10. I implore everybody to buy the Darkness' single 'Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End)' this Christmas and make it Christmas number 1 2003.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Re: Christmas songs
    Originally posted by Captain Slog
    There haven't really been any decent Christmas songs in the charts for more than a decade. Indeed, radio stations still bring out the old Slade and Wizzard classics every year. So I am very excited that 2003 will see the return of the 70s style christmas song to the top 10. I implore everybody to buy the Darkness' single 'Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End)' this Christmas and make it Christmas number 1 2003.
    Yay. I agreeeee. :D

'Coz for the first time in ages its not some pop act trying to increase their sales records...its a classic christmas tune; Bells in the background, kids singing at the end... (Said this already in another thread).
  • Options
    I definitely agree, Darkness should be Christmas number one. Its so good, I love the video it cracks me up :D

If that Pop Idol single gets Christmas number one I will cry. Its so crap its just exactly the same as the original.
  • Options
    I've not seen the video, but it is a very good song. Big chance of getting to number 1, if only some pop pillock doesn't screw it up...
  • Options
    Justin is so sweet in that video! It is a good song, I hope it gets to number 1, especially considering the competition - Ozzy and Kelly Osbourne :yeees:, The Idols (Who the fuck are they and why are they doing a cover of a classic John Lennon, with nothing done to it?) and lots of other crap. :|
  • Options
    i reckon its gonna be between the darkness and avid merrion. i reckon the darkness have the edge tho
  • Options
    Originally posted by Young and sexy

'Coz for the first time in ages its not some pop act trying to increase their sales records...

I disagree. The Darkness are the "thing" at the moment, and a Xmas Number 1 would build their reputation up no end. And they'll probably make a lot of money at it, I'd imagine.

Must also half-agree on the comments about the Pop Idols tune. It's listenable because it's a good song, but if they changed it at all they'd have been slagged off even more :p

Does seem like a cash in though, isn't really the kind of song that really should be covered by anyone, because of what it is.

But it'll be Number One. Darkness and Avid top five I'd imagine.