Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

winamp

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im in need of some help/advice. I installed winamp the other night and have since downloaded about 5 skins but i cant get winamp to open .... Any suggestions please?

Comments

• Options
    If you use XP:

CTRL+ALT+DEL --> Processes - check for any Winamp.exe or Winampa.exe's and close them all down and try running Winamp again. If that fails then reboot your PC and check to see if you skins are installed propaly.

(if you use Win98 then you'll see any .exe's running in the main window when you CRTL+ALT+DEL it.)

If you are you using Winamp 3 then I know that has a few bugs in it... It did have the last time I used it.

If the worst comes to the worst change to Winamp 2 or if you are already using that try unstalling the application and reinstalling it.
  • Options
    Cheers will try that...

Its version 3 im using.. i did read about the fact that there were some bugs..could be that like..dunno..will try what you have said and give it a bash...cheers :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by ®

Its version 3 im using..

Ugh don't get v3.

Uninstall it, then download v5, or failing that, v2.81.