Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ocd

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Over the last month I have noticed that I may well be suffering from OCD... I think I have been for years but I've never noticed it until recently because I have been making my self ill over the worry, etc. I plan on telling my GP ASAP but I'm really confused because I don't how to tell him or where to start. I never realized it's had such a negative effect on my life thus far. I'm looking on a British website called OCD Action which is a charity I think and it has quite a good community and info. Just letting you know so you don't need to point me to it.

Suggestions?

ta.......

Comments

• Options
    Please, don't try to diagnose yourself. Go to your GP. What are your symptoms? It's usual to have a few idiosyncracies or a few hang-ups about things, but it's when it starts affecting your life that it becomes a serious disorder.

What's the actual problem? My dad and sister both have OCD so I may be able to give some advice.
  • Options
    I can't be bothered to explain it anyone any more today and it's not a few things a lot of things. I've spoken to others that have lived with OCD for more than 10 years and they said it sounds 99.9% like OCD. I've kinda kown for a long time about it but never bothered to tell anyone because it's quite hard to tell people about certian things. Maybe later....
  • Options
    OK sorry, I just thought you wanted advice. Let me know if you want to talk about anything but please, don't make yourself more anxious by worrying about whether you have it or not. Go talk to someone who's qualified.
  • Options
    Ditto. Self diagnosis is a dangerous thing - make that appointment TODAY and get your worries off your chest.