Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mixing drinks may get you pissed...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Dunno if this should have gone in the student section as no doubt the majority of drinkers are probably in there, but im trying to increase my armoury of decidely potent but tasty drinks to dish out to the ladies on friday nights. Any suggestions from any hardend drinkers out there?

My current selection inlcudes the likes of:

The Cheeky vimto - Blue WKD with a shot of port, most ppl dont believe theres any alchohol in there!

Snake and Black - The obligatory student drink, Fosters, Strongbow, Black current and an optional shot of vodka

The Stinger - Appopriately named this one.. Shot of tequila, pernod and Vodka... sounds nasty, is nasty, but it works!

The Bin of Death - Not usually availble at bars due to the fact it needs to be mixed in a rather large bin (hence the name) but find an empty keg and try this at your next house party! 6 Litres of cider, 2 litres of white wine, 1 bottle of Lime Bacardi Twist, 1-2Litres of Vodka, 3-4Litres of Lemonade. Mix together with plenty of ice. Blaccurrent can be used to sweeten the drink but isnt nessarsary as this mix is actually quite downable! Try experimenting with different volumes of the said drinks but experiment with different drinks at your own risk because it can easily turn nasty. (Beer DEFINATELY does not go)

The Blue Pint - Not entirely sure what goes into this as my mate made it up shortly before passing out on the pub floor, which is a subtle hint at its strength! I think it was something along the lines of....Down half a pint of stella, proceed to refill the glass using a mix of vodka and coke, vokda and rud bull and blue WKD. You might wanna experimnet with that one, the original was nice, although it had that kinda amatuer mixed drink aftertaste. Overall not bad tho.

Have fun kiddies!

Comments

• Options
    Re: Mixing drinks may get you pissed...
    Originally posted by Quicksilver

Snake and Black - The obligatory student drink, Fosters, Strongbow, Black current and an optional shot of vodka

Snake bite love:D!
    Yea when i first started going pub a the tender age of 15 this was what was to be drunk by every underager in the place! sucha give away!
    But now my mew set of mates think it *really* cool and a strong drink! If they get drunk easy they say "yea but i had a snake bite!" i mean ffs its just a normal drink not a bloody sprirt!
  • Options
    The snake bite mixture is quite lethal though, don't ask me why!

Also there's the 'Turbo Shandy' - lager and Smirnoff Ice. Yum.
  • Options
    A slightly altered version of one lil_minx posted in the Drugs forum a while back:

Get two pint glasses, and add four shots of vodka to each. Get a blue WKD, an orange Reef, and a Smirnoff Ice, and half of each to each pint glass.

Tastes like black Fruit Pastels, too :razz:
  • Options
    Just remembered another one, suitably named Rocket Fuel due to its smell, contained something along the lines of Gin, Whiskey, Orange squash and blackcurrent although in unknown quantities. Definately more orange than blaccurrent tho... Had four pints of this mixed by a mate and passed out, head in the toilet...as you do....
  • Options
    dooleys and vanilla coke, no matter how much dooleys and how little coke u will not taste any alchol.
  • Options
    My mate and her uni mates drink 'Juicy Lucy's'. It's a pint of orange juice, bols blue and vodka I think, can't really remember but they taste nice! :yum:
  • Options
    yeah vimptos are nice the blue wkd and port thing is nice

i dont really do those kinda mix things i feel like dying th enext day coz of them

but once in my young drinking days (i sound like im 50) we used to get a different siprit eac and just mix them all together with a bottle of coke....rum gin vodka whisky brandy and coke :S

surprised im still alive after tha one:eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tanman
    dooleys and vanilla coke, no matter how much dooleys and how little coke u will not taste any alchol.

That wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that neither dooleys nor coke taste like alcohol in the first place, would it?
  • Options
    Get a pint glass and pur on a bottle of smirnoff ice and a bottle of stella to give you a power shandy :yum: sounds nasty but its a very refreshing drink and gets you fooked :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    Get a pint glass and pur on a bottle of smirnoff ice and a bottle of stella to give you a power shandy :yum: sounds nasty but its a very refreshing drink and gets you fooked :D

Did you not read what I said then? :crying:
  • Options
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    Did you not read what I said then? :crying:
    I didnt read the 2nd bit, sorry!
  • Options
    Battery Acid
    1 part Whiskey
    1 part Vodka
    1 part Tequila (sp?)
    1 part Strawberry Fanta (for colour)
  • Options
    Strangely snakebite has never affected me... i can drink pints of it but still not feel it. But a couple of glasses of wine get me very tipsy. Strange!

My favourite coctail is...

BABY GIRL
    - Baileys
    - Creme de Menthe
    - Creme de Cacao
    - Cream
    - Ice

OK, won't get you pissed but tastes divine!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rocks
    Strangely snakebite has never affected me... i can drink pints of it but still not feel it. But a couple of glasses of wine get me very tipsy. Strange!

My favourite coctail is...

BABY GIRL
    - Baileys
    - Creme de Menthe
    - Creme de Cacao
    - Cream
    - Ice

OK, won't get you pissed but tastes divine!

You're lucky. If I'm up for a quiet night in, go down to the bar, spend a fiver on a few Snakebites, down them, and I'm buzzing for the rest of the night.
  • Options
    snake bite is best done with some homebrewed or strong cider and stella

alternativley you could use nastro azzuro, it is slightly stronger than stella without the wife beater effect
  • Options
    We have one thats become a birthday tradition. You're meant to down it.

The Pink S**t:

:) A VK Blue
    :) Double Vodka
    :) Red aftershock (preferably double ;))
    :) Dash of Lemonade to make it up to a pint
    :) Splask of Blackcurrent

Its pretty nice actually.
  • Options
    Turbo Gunniess

Like a turbo shandy but with guiness obviously and smirnoff ice, my mate can drink all night then have one of them and be rat arsed, Personally I will always love double vodka and bull no matter how much my stomach kills.
  • Options
    Had a Hound Dog cocktail last night. Fucked if I remember what was in it... or anything after the drink.
  • Options
    whats that one, dielsel or summat? supposed to be banned, but it gets u so pissed
  • Options
    I love a good snake bite but I've never thought to order one in a bar and I must try it with blackcurrent.

What's that studenty drink with Guinness and blackcurrent or something? Everytime any of my friends go over to England they come back talking about it, but ironically I've never seen it over here.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    whats that one, dielsel or summat? supposed to be banned, but it gets u so pissed

A diesel's just snakebite/snakebite black (cider/lager/blackcurrant).

Banned? I should hope not. And yes, they will get you absurdly pissed.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Turtle

Banned? I should hope not. And yes, they will get you absurdly pissed.

Yeah, it is banned in some places. Thank God not Liverpool!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Turtle

Thats what i was thinking. And nope, as Rocks said, its well and truely not banned here, and it seems like every pint glass if left with purple dregs in the bottom.
    Still managing to avoid it though, but i think im going to have to try it soon just to see what youre all on about!
    Roll on monday and DoubleVision.
This discussion has been closed.