Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

confidence

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
not sure this is the correct forum, probably not but here goes, anyone have any tips or strategies for boosting confidence?
im not a very confident person and it does affect things i do. if only there was a magic cure.
any tips greatly recieved.

Comments

• Options
    tell people your gorgeus

uve seen those people who go about saying " look at me im so good looking" the ones who strut etc.

they do it because they are convincing themselves they are

it works trust me, it worked for my twin bro,

works for me too

just look at urself in the mirror, and say to urself " i look damn good" and mean it

sing out loud in public, dont care what anyone says, know that you are beutiful, it works, but u gotta mean it

i mean u just have to look at my cute lil ass n u know im sexy, but sometimes i need to tell myself it, n kiss myself on the cheek u know, :)

peacies
  • Options
    Tanman, ffs, no text talk please.
  • Options
    Download Elton John - Can You Feel The Love Tonight?, close your eyes and lose yourself totally in that song.

Everything else comes naturally after that.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tanman
    tell people your gorgeus

uve seen those people who go about saying " look at me im so good looking" the ones who strut etc.

they do it because they are convincing themselves they are

it works trust me, it worked for my twin bro,

works for me too

just look at urself in the mirror, and say to urself " i look damn good" and mean it

sing out loud in public, dont care what anyone says, know that you are beutiful, it works, but u gotta mean it

i mean u just have to look at my cute lil ass n u know im sexy, but sometimes i need to tell myself it, n kiss myself on the cheek u know, :)

peacies

oh how you made me chuckle :) . the visions i had. i mean all round confidence though, not just looks wise alhough im not too confident there either.

thanks dude, you made me smile!:D
  • Options
    i wasnt jokin (sorry bout the txt talk by the way, habit)

i have found the best way to get confidence it through being overly confident, even though its fake:) eventually it settles down into confidence, in the end though its all about being happy with yourself and everything around you, i talk too much by the way,
  • Options
    I'm not a very confident person and it does affect things i do. if only there was a magic cure.

No magic cure.. It'll only come in time.

I would say that you really wanna try and do something that your embarrassed to do. If you can get passed that bit and you do it a few times then you should notice that it isn't so scary. Also try and get relaxed when talking to people.

Stop thinking about yourself.. a bit weird but, low self esteem/confidence is often accompanied by too much focus on ones self. Try and focus on something different, maybe something you like doing.

Do stuff that makes you feel good mixed with something that makes you feel a little scared.

Also pay your self compliments and really[/] try to believe them and don't care a less what people might think of you if you do something they have never seen you do before.

um, did that help any?

Oh, and remember to practice them things all the time... make it a habit to get into.

That song called Sun Screen springs to find :)