Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Family Planning Clinic

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Me and my boyfriend were going to go to 1 but u needed an appointment if we was to make an appointment would it be at a time of our choice? also what kind of questions would they ask and would they refuse to see us because im a minor and hes an adult?

Comments

• Options
    no they wont refuse you, they have girls as young as 13 going in there. and i think they will give you a choice of time and you can choose depending on whats convieniant.
    And why dnt you just go in on a day when its the walk in clinic?
  • Options
    we phoned up and they said the walk in service doesnt exist no mmore and you can only be seen by appointment
  • Options
    one thing they wont do is refuse you. They arent bothered about age there they just want to make sure your ok etc. I think apt's are your choice, they ask you like whens best for you.
  • Options
    ok thanks do they give out free condoms? and will they ask any embarrassing questions
  • Options
    yes and yes
  • Options
    what kind of questions will they ask?
  • Options
    how long have you been having sex, periods.
    and yes they may comment on ur b/f age and especially yours!
  • Options
    I got asked questins bout drug use, drinking, smoking and then cus I went abouta problem (thankfully all in the mind!) i got asked quite yukky q's bout discharge-yep just after dinner.

But the nurse made me feel at ease and I've been lots of times-i find the whole thing tons better than my GP and much more effiecient. I think they do a great job.

And don't worry too much-honest they've seen it all before and alot worse! And they know the patients feel uncomfortable so try to make you feel better.

Be prepared and talk to your chap and i guarantee it will be fine. You're really doing thebest thing by going-shows you're a responsible couple despite age differences!
  • Options
    We have a useful feature here which explains a lot about what to expect at a clinic. You can also call the fpa helpline for more help about these issues:

Family Planning Association
    Information service on family planning and all aspects of sexual health.
    Helpline: 0845 3101334
    www.fpa.org.uk
  • Options
    im 15 and hes 18 so its only a 3 year gap
  • Options
    im 15 and hes 18 so its only a 3 year gap