Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Seeing the ex again

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was just at a friends party when my ex showed up!:eek:

After we split up we agreed to be friends but i couldnt handle that and stopped talking to her, and havent seen her in 2 months.

As soon as i saw her my heart rate went sky high and headed straight for the exit (ahh good ol faithful car, gets me outta any mess)

I thought i was over her but seeing her then brought it all back. Now my head is racing and i know im not gonna get any sleep tonight :banghead:. If i had stayed there i think i woulda had a heart attack or passed out.

So do you think that was a good thing leaving straight away?

Comments

• Options
    i'm going through the whole trying-to-keep-my-best-friend-without-wanting-to-hold-kiss-and-make-love-to-her feeling of having her around. whenever she gets drunk she gets jealous of seeing me talking to other girls and swiftly puts a stop to it. so it's difficult at best.

it's f***ing harsh but you either work through it and hope it all gets better eventually or avoid her like the plague. good luck. i'd go for the clean break and take the second option if i were you.
  • Options
    You should refer to your user name, because you seem to have forgotten that ex'es are ex'es for a reason, and there's always a reason for the break up, and you seem to have forgotten all of that.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    i dont know whether you did the right thing leaving. You say that you totally stopped talking to her when you brokeup, perhaps this may be one of the reasons you cant get over her, the fact that you have left things unresolved. Also, although you say you care for her a lot when you stopped talking to her you lost the one thing you cared about. Just because you break up doesnt mean that you have to lose the one you love. You could be losing a brilliant friend walking away like this but the way to getting over your ex is to face up to your problems and take them head on.
  • Options
    as its already been said, an ex is an ex for a reason, but it doesnt matter how much u keep that in mind, as the human brain has a wonderful capacity for forgetting all rational thought when presented with a situation like this.
    i know the feelin, i went through this with my last ex, and i think u did the right thing by leaving. by the sounds of it, you wud have probably ended up saying or doing sumthing "bad" as it were.
    the whole "unresolved" issue, is a good point, but i think if ur feeling that way after this long of not talkin or seein her, then no amount of talkin wud make much difference aside from giving u a reason to be around her
  • Options
    You should refer to your user name, because you seem to have forgotten that ex'es are ex'es for a reason, and there's always a reason for the break up, and you seem to have forgotten all of that.

Exactly,Mr Wobble got it in one ( same bit of advice you gave me on that decision thread and btw everythings going Fantastic with my New Girl ( I went with new girl not the Ex ) thanks wobbles :P)

Ex's are Ex's or a Reason, Don't go back
    Jez
  • Options
    Originally posted by skating_reaper
    Exactly,Mr Wobble got it in one ( same bit of advice you gave me on that decision thread and btw everythings going Fantastic with my New Girl ( I went with new girl not the Ex ) thanks wobbles :P)

Ex's are Ex's or a Reason, Don't go back
    Jez
    Oooo! Thank you. Though I will expect it'll be all my fault if it all goes wrong now. :(
    I think the thing here is to look forwards, not backwards (to ex'es), Amnesiac.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    I split up with my ex about 6 months ago and we agreed to stay friends and if ever we saw each other about, have a laugh and a drink etc. But then 2 months later I was out shopping and I saw her over the other side of the store and I shat myself and made a swift exit. We split up on pretty good terms, I still have feelings for her, so why did I react like that??