Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Java Programming

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anybody please help.

Right well for uni project have to use the netbeans IDE using the elements drawing package. One trouble I can't seem to find a way to draw rectangles with a diagonal slant. I tried getting round this problem by creating the images purely from lines....but now I'm stuck on how to fill in the area with colour.

Is there a way I can do either of these or am I gonna have to redo my design for the project?

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Ta will give it a try later :D
  • Options
    Right I've tried that site and none of them got back to me, so I'm going to post my code here and see if any of you have a clue.

My basic problem is that I've got 2 methods with infinite loops in them, but I need them both running at the same time. Trouble is it compiles in order the methods are put and won't go onto the next method till the current one is finished. So because the penultimate method has an infinite loop in it I never get onto the final method which also has an infinite loop.

Any help would be grately appreciated.
  • Options
    Kazbo, I see your post there. I post there also. Sometimes in those less active forums you'll wait a little longer to get a reply.

www.codingforums.com - It's one of my fave sites. I'm not that good at coding as I'm kind of still learning so I'm unable to help you out. If you post your code snipit there you should get some help quite quickly. It's worth a bookmark to.

p.s. If you post a .txt with a fair amount of code like that you wanna put it inside a .doc as it will neat and tidy unlike the .txt where stuff looks all over the show if you paste stuff in and save it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Kazbo, I see your post there. I post there also. Sometimes in those less active forums you'll wait a little longer to get a reply.

www.codingforums.com - It's one of my fave sites. I'm not that good at coding as I'm kind of still learning so I'm unable to help you out. If you post your code snipit there you should get some help quite quickly. It's worth a bookmark to.

p.s. If you post a .txt with a fair amount of code like that you wanna put it inside a .doc as it will neat and tidy unlike the .txt where stuff looks all over the show if you paste stuff in and save it.

Thanks hun. I found a site called codeguru where they been helpful, but I'll have a look at that site as well.