Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Age Gap!! (sorry for bringing it up again)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys, been seeeing a woman from work who is nearly twice my age, noone knows about this but what is peoples opinions on this sort of age gap? cheers.

Comments

• Options
    How old are you? How old is she??
  • Options
    Re: Age Gap!! (sorry for bringing it up again)
    Originally posted by pigscanfly
    Hi guys, been seeeing a woman from work who is nearly twice my age, noone knows about this but what is peoples opinions on this sort of age gap? cheers.

Somehow I think it's a good idea to keep it a secret from fellow workmates for a long while!! At least until you know there's a future in it for you two.
  • Options
    first of all, how old are you, how old is she?
    and secondly, yeah keep it quiet from work mates for now, other wise uh ohhhh!

oh great! ive jsut got that stupid lumidee song in my head now, uh uh uh ohhh etc :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Im 20 she is late 30's. The thing is i dont think its all going to be serious just a bit of fun and comfort, you know how it is. :crazyeyes (mad i know) :(
  • Options
    The thing is i dont think its all going to be serious just a bit of fun and comfort, you know how it is. :crazyeyes (mad i know) :(

it that case...def dont let any one know.
  • Options
    Im 20 she is late 30's. :crazyeyes

Ummm I have been where you are mate, it was great fun while it lasted but its ended now and you may end up being left confused and because you work with her it may make things difficult

I think you should still see her tho for as long as you can, you do gain a lot of experience and the age gap can work both ways. It all depends what your looking for!

The problem with my relationship was that she reached an age where she knew what she wanted whereas I haven't and I don't think I fitted into her plans. So maybe you should enquire what she wants so you' know where you stand mate!

But well done:thumb:
  • Options
    I would say don't tell anyone. Not for now. Give it some time. You don't say how long it's been going on for. If it's only a few weeks, then definitley keep it quiet for now. People will only talk about you. If it's been a few months, then they will be surprised, and hopefully more accepting if they know it's been going on for some time (to prove you're serious). They'll still talk, but not so badly.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    hey earlier this year i was seeing someone who was 13 years older than me the only reason it didn't work out was because of the fact that his family didn't think it was right and although it didn't bother him what his family thought i didn't want to tear his family up so i ended it.were still the best of friends though. age gaps do work if you really try at it. good luck xxx:)
  • Options
    hiya guys, cheers for advice and help. keep in coming. Well by the looks of things just stick with it, but keep it hush hush but then when people find out then whats gonna happen. Oh well, thing is i keep thinking lifes to short to mess about just get on with things. Maybe thats the wrong attitude, lol. Hmmm :eek2: becasue i might regret it afterwords becasue i think if it goes any further it will onlt be for fun. hmm i dunno :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Hi guys. was round there the other day and it got all very hot and steamy but didnt go all the way. think it will be very soon. but still got a few little dought, i dont know why thought!! whats up with me!
  • Options
    There is nothing wrong with an age-gap. If it works, great! Be happy that you have someone that makes you smile.

The only thing you might want to consider is that dating someone at work is VERY dangerous territory. Consider what might happen if you split up and have to see this person EVERY day.