Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

new lessons at school!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
if you could make a new type of lesson neccesary at school what would it be? just what would it be?

i would go for dancin in clubs. it really fucking annoys me, all the bobbing and what not. not one can actually dance when they go out. twat heads the lot of them.

although it does make me stick out cus i'm lush. oh yeah.

Comments

• Options
    i always think there's something vaguely fruity about a man who can dance well.

;)
  • Options
    Re: new lessons at school!
    Originally posted by molo
    if you could make a new type of lesson neccesary at school what would it be? just what would it be?

i would go for dancin in clubs. it really fucking annoys me, all the bobbing and what not. not one can actually dance when they go out. twat heads the lot of them.

although it does make me stick out cus i'm lush. oh yeah.

Totally agree with you, cos i feel a total numpty when i'm out (may account for my lack of women).

But please don't call us all twat heads... we're just slightly incompetant!
  • Options
    You should get taught about credit cards and overdrafts, managing your money.

Probably in the last year of school.
  • Options
    Erm...

I'd just like to say that I can dance bloody well thanks!

All it takes is for people to stop giving a shit about what other people think of them... Oh, and rhythm helps! ;)

Just go for it!!!!! :D

I find it such a release to get funky to some decent house music! Mmmmmmmmmm - Turnmills on Saturday night methinks for Smartie Party! :)

G.

P.S. Yes, it does seem to go down very well with women as well! :D Well, it does for me anyway... :naughty:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    You should get taught about credit cards and overdrafts, managing your money.

Probably in the last year of school.

Good idea.
  • Options
    Money should be taught. Because it scares me how few people actually understand it- thats why people get ripped off with those store cards that charge 200% interest or something.

On a less erious note, pulling a pint should be taught to all schoolchildren. Theres ony one pub that I go to regularly that can do it properl;y without me having to get themt o top it up :mad:
  • Options
    parenting and actualy working for a living. do any shools actualy give work experience or even remotely prepare kids for adult life and all its responsibilities?
  • Options
    Id let all the kids get taught how to skin up a good spliff!! ;)

And in agreement with Kermit - got to teach the kids about money!! I wish theyd taught me that at school!
  • Options
    I think (to be boring) the british sign langiage should be at least an option for GSCE because its such a more useful thing to know compared to french, its somthing that can be used in day to day life.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    parenting and actualy working for a living. do any shools actualy give work experience or even remotely prepare kids for adult life and all its responsibilities?
    sorta
    we have careers lesson when we're 14/15 that teach about 'what an employer expects' etc and have a two week work placement which is compulsary.

umm i agree about teaching finance, would be very useful.
  • Options
    i think school think that maths lessons are enought to teach about money. Stupid schools.
  • Options
    I always thought that teaching shaving would be a good idea. Let's face it, knowing you've got to put something that sharp onto your face when you don't actually know how to use it is kinda scary :nervous:

I agree with the dancing one, that would be really useful, especially for people like me who have no end of rhythm, but don't know what to do with it. :blush:
  • Options
    I think that they should teach children more about different countries and how and what a certain does, doesn't, etc., etc. and just to learn a bit about each countries culture and such. Just my opinion anyways.
  • Options
    I like the idea of learning about different cultures! Teach grammar/spelling at least to year 11 to raise the literacy standards. Maybe teach everyone parts of a car? Changing a tyre?
  • Options
    Religion and political ideologies as a class of it's own.
  • Options
    I'd like to see people skills, this could deal with so many things.
    Because some people go into top jobs but cant do interviews or this because none of them have any people skills,

It could also deal with ourselves as we grow up, dealing with such things as our finances, getting us to do projects that kind of thing