Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Other people coming on the scene

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Basically, this has happened to me a couple of times, a bit worried it might happen again, wondered what other people thought about it.

Like, if you're in a relatively new relationship, and someone else comes on the scene, with so much more confidence than you, so much more to say for themslevs than you, they just seem like a better catch than you. And they've got one thing on their mind, and it's to get with your boyfriend/girlfriend.

You don't like them, and they don't like you. It's all very well saying "if he/she really likes you, then they won't leave you", because we all know how feelings just take over sometimes

What the fuck do you do in that kinda situation?

Comments

• Options
    Resign yourself to the fact that if you can't trust your other half then it's a sad story.
    The last time that happened to me it was some 15yr old sexbomb who really wanted to be with my bloke. I was pretty laid back about it and in the end it nature took it's course and me and my bloke fizzled out.
    I know how frustrating it is though but at the end of the day your partner is with you for a reason. Because they like you and not someone else. If they're going to go off with the other person then they're obviously not for you and you're better off without them.
  • Options
    oh well, shit happens... at least you're with someone for now. broke up with my girl a while ago now, only thing is, we keep bumping into eachother in the same uni haunts... either they wont touch me cos they think i'm on the rebound or they know she'll let another girl touch her ex over her dead body!

single but not available. it sucks. :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by n00b1e

single but not available. it sucks. :(

Gutted. :(
  • Options
    There was a girl like this a while back who, while I'm not sure she actually wanted my boyfriend specifically, used to flirt like CRAZY with him and it drove me mad. They were in a band together so they spent a lot of time together and I have to admit I got pretty jealous at times. Not because I thought he liked her but because she was so pretty and flirty and everything that I just thought eventually she's going to flatter his ego so much that he'll cave in.

One time he was supposed to come to my house but his rehearsal majorly ran over, so I texted him to ask what was going on and I got a reply from his phone saying 'Hi honey it's [flirty bitch] here, he's busy at the moment but don't be angry with him, he'll be there as soon as he can.' I was FUMING after that, especially when my boyfriend told me he hadn't actually been told he had a text at all - she'd just read it and replied to it without telling him.

I ended up speaking to him about it and he reassured me that he didn't like her and only had eyes for me, and that he knew she was flirting with him but that he found it annoying and unattractive. It doesn't matter now anyway because we're all at different unis but yeah, I didn't like the person I became when I was so jealous. I got so paranoid and edgy about it. I guess the best thing to do, if it's possible, is try to talk to your boyfriend or girlfriend about it but not to the extent where you make yourself seem like a bunny boiler. At the end of the day you have to trust them enough I guess.
  • Options
    If you're sure he's deliberately trying to steal your girl, take him aside and make it clear who she's going out with.
  • Options
    Yeah but only do that if you really ARE sure. Otherwise she might think you're a bit scary and possessive if you go having words with every guy who flirts with her.

But yeah if it's really that bad then you might feel better if you took action like that.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    If you're sure he's deliberately trying to steal your girl, take him aside and make it clear who she's going out with.

Aint no punk gonna steal my bitch :p

Tbh, I couldn't really ever see myself doing that. Not because I don't want to, but like I say, these blokes always seem to be the type that walk all over the likes of me, and if I started saying "Keep well away" or whatever, it'd likely not work at all.

Anyhow, it's just an idle thought at the mo, not got any specific worries on that score at the mo. I was talking away to her the other night, and it was all so open and all that, which is fanatastic. Suppose it's a matter of actually getting to know and go out with her mates aswell, that's where things fucked up before. Was basically a wanky situation, these things do play on my mind sometimes. But like I say, she's very open and mature about talking about emotional shit, so it's all quite cool.

Every relationship is a learning experience for people anyway, so if shit like that comes up again, I'll maybe be OK dealing with it.
  • Options
    Ever seen the WKD advert with they guy in the toilet? Take him out for a drink go to the toilets with him (take another mate) and while your mate says something to him while he is washing his hands direct the water flow at the crotch area - instant turn off. Also if he doesn't wash his hands then everyone can tell your gf he hasnt and all sorted.

Dont you love it when a plan comes together? :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bomberman444
    Ever seen the WKD advert with they guy in the toilet? Take him out for a drink go to the toilets with him (take another mate) and while your mate says something to him while he is washing his hands direct the water flow at the crotch area - instant turn off. Also if he doesn't wash his hands then everyone can tell your gf he hasnt and all sorted.

Dont you love it when a plan comes together? :D

*titters*

i love those adverts

those smirnoff ice 'as clear as your concience' was better though, specially when that guy shagged his mates mum
  • Options
    Aahh a subject close to my heart :D My girlfriend went to a club by her self and came away with a guys number said ah just a friend she knew from school, I was a bit like WTF why she took his number but she said that her friend had given him her number and he had been txting, I got a bit paranoid but trusted her so left it at that, Anyway we went down the same club the following weekend and she got very drunk and went off to the bar and this guy tried it on with her big style telling her ah come out to my car and all this crap, he then went to kiss her which i saw luckily she backed away so i shot over there and didnt quite no what to say apart from whats going on ? he then just walked away,

Couldnt belive the cheek of him though when he knew i was there wish i said more to be honist but just didnt quite know how to react, He kept txting her after that so she told him just to take a jump.

Am afraid there is no easy way to get rid of people like this you just gotta trust the person you are with, its the only way im affraid with out driving yourself crazy. ;)
  • Options
    Oh and i forgot to mention that after he made a move her supossed best friend was trying her hardest to break us up and kept arranging for my girlfriend to go up the pub with her and then get this guy down there as he just wants to be mates lol. What a bitch ay :D