Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

sleep

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how long can you last with out sleep?

I think i did 48 hours ish! once, and not by choice!!

(2 mates came over for the night and inc my mate there was onyl 4 of us, we just stayed up all day and night and the next full day!! that was when i was 15)

Hermy xxx

Comments

• Options
    5 minutes? well recently its seemed like that

nah, usually about 23 hours and i need a snooze
  • Options
    Not sure.

Maybe 36 hours, I've not tried longer.

It makes me much more irratable than usual, though.
  • Options
    Not long. I need my sleep. I'm not an all-nighter kind of person. I can usually last til about 4am until I drop.

*feels old*
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    5 minutes

with you on that one dude... ohhh, i think its almost nearing 6 minutes, i need my sleep

But I used to stay up for 3-4 days every so often when I was friends with a girl with an adderal perscription
  • Options
    Me and a few friends stayed up for a few hours into 6 days once.

Right enough, there was alot of help from copius amounts of drugs though :p

At the end it was fucking messy. Noone had a clue what was really going on anymore, each of us sitting paranoid as fuck convinced we could see these other people outta the corner of our eyes. They always managed to stay a step ahead of our frontal vision though :/

Wonder who they were...
  • Options
    I did about 3 days once. Then had a blackout/fell asleep whilst riding my bike. Not trying that again :D bike riding, that is.
  • Options
    i managed 7days and 21hours:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz

why??? why would you do that unless on drugs?
    i was awake for around 36 hours but that was with jet lag and time changes and shit!
  • Options
    I think I've done like a day and a half or something.

I need my sleep.
  • Options

:eek:

I'm not sure if I've ever even done 24 hrs befpre. I don't think I have actually. I need sleep and anyway, what's the point? I've stayed all night once or twice, but I always go to bed eventually.
  • Options
    i have lasted nearly all night, but i really need my sleep in the end, i just get grumpy and moody and bite any ones head off.
  • Options
    The most i've done was 3days but that was back when I was @ school & had no time for sleep because of constant work needing to be done.

When I can't remember what time I went to bed I usual go back 12hours from when I woke up & I get the time I nodded off at.

.:Crispy:.
  • Options
    It is possible to go for quite a while without sleep, but the effects of sleep deprivation can be detrimental to your health [/regurgitating psychology lesson]
  • Options
    32 Hours is my most, about 24 hours driving, 6 hour ferry crossing (from midnight to dawn) and I was the only one awake on the damn thing. and a few hours in the car after. I was only young and my shit started gettin ruined when I couldnt maintain a thought for more than 3 seconds.
  • Options
    *shrug* About 36-8 hours. Year 7/8 sleepover. We woz well Kewl bck den :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I was awake for 48 hours before. I was like awake for like 24 hours, but then I was like to the point where I was just so tired I jsut couldn't sleep when I did try to go to bed, so I ended up staying up another 24 hours and such and was dead tired, after being awake for 48 hours straight and just crashed and slept for like ever it seemed.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    i have lasted nearly all night, but i really need my sleep in the end, i just get grumpy and moody and bite any ones head off.

Im the same! Iv never gone more than 24 hours. And if i did i would be one grumpy bastard!
  • Options
    My recxord is 40 hours
  • Options
    About 36-37 hrs. Then I absolutely must sleep. The worst thing is that that isn't a one off. About once a month I have such a bad night's "sleep" that I end up being awake for over 30 hrs. I had one about two weeks ago. Just couldn't sleep, so I just got back up and faffed about for a while, and before you know it it's lunchtime of the following day, then teatime, suppertime, bedtime, and I still can't sleep. Then the exhaustion kicks in and I slip into sleep. If I'm lucky the exhaustion is enough to make me sleep for at least 7 hrs straight, which actually makes me feel good the next day as I've had an undisturbed night's sleep. On the other hand, if I only sleep for a few hours, then wake up again, then it's back to the normal feeling fuzzy, drained, and tired feelings.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    22-24 hours i think.
  • Options

Managed 7 days without any sleep at all??

Somehow I doubt that's even possible

Most lack of sleep I remember was flying from Kenya to Aubu Dhabi to catch a plane with a 2 hour wait which turned into a 15 hour wait - byt he time I got on the plane home I'd been awake for about 2 days.

http://www.sleepnet.com
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Managed 7 days without any sleep at all??

Somehow I doubt that's even possible

Most lack of sleep I remember was flying from Kenya to Aubu Dhabi to catch a plane with a 2 hour wait which turned into a 15 hour wait - byt he time I got on the plane home I'd been awake for about 2 days.

http://www.sleepnet.com

http://www.myfw.com/body/Article_100004.asp

So yeah it is possable..and that world record has been broken thats the only one i could find though.

i know the latest one i heard of was by a 17yr old student but i couldnt find out how long it was for or if its been broken.
  • Options
    http://www.myfw.com/body/Article_100004.asp

So yeah it is possable..and that world record has been broken thats the only one i could find though.

i know the latest one i heard of was by a 17yr old student but i couldnt find out how long it was for or if its been broken.

So what were you doing to be awake for 7 days??
  • Options
    i couldn't imagine staying awake for 7 days it's bad enough not sleeping for a day.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    So what were you doing to be awake for 7 days??

i was thinking that :eek2:
  • Options
    With or without drugs?
  • Options
    All i do is sleep.... the longest ive lasted though has been 4 days, done that a fair few times. But i was on drugs so as much as i wanted to sleep, it was impossible!

I love sleeping tooooo much to be awake for long!!
  • Options
    The most I've lasted is 4 days!
  • Options
    I`ve always loved my sleep. But now, as the mum of four children, I`ve kind of got into the habit of going off at the drop of a hat cause you have to get your sleep whenever the opportunity arises. If I lie down I fall asleep. And I cannot function properly next day without at least 5 hours.

Probably the longest I`ve ever managed is no more than 24 hours.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    If I stay awake longer than 36 hours it's always drug induced!

Me and my mates have had base sessions where we've stayed awake for almost 5 days solid. After not sleeping for 48 hours it actually becomes quite difficult to sleep, your vision starts to properly fuck up and your apitite goes right out the window because you based up. It can't be good for you and I don't ever want to do that to my mind and body again.
    Weekender Offender