Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Euro 2004 Playoff predictions

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
So what are everyone's predictions.

Spain (2) v Norway (1)

I fancy Norway to go through. They have performed well and have an important away goal.

Latvia (1) v Turkey (0)

Money has to be on Turkey. I think they may well run riot at home.

Croatia (1) v Slovenia (1)

Tough one to call. Don't know much about the baltic teams but I'm gonna say Croatia.

Russia (0) v Wales (0)

I would love the Welsh to win. They have the fire power to score goals but important they don't leak anything at the back.

Scotland (1) v Holland (0)

COME ON THE BOYS!! A real tough game. If we play like we did on Saturday then no probs. Have to shut out the big guns for the Dutch. But I believe we can and will score. Comes down to how many we let in.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Spain (2) v Norway (1)

Spain. Norway have too many Huns/ex Huns :p

Latvia (1) v Turkey (0)

Turkey to scrape it.

Croatia (1) v Slovenia (1)

Mmmmm methinks Croatia.

Russia (0) v Wales (0)

Wales. Us sheep shaggers stick together :thumb:

Scotland (1) v Holland (0)

Been shitting myself about this all day. I do fancy us to score, it'd be fuckin' excellent if we qualified after the Faroes shambles.

But I dunno. Depends if the Horse faced diver is on form or not.

Yeah, fuck it. 2-1 Holland and we go through on away gaols :thumb:
  • Options
    I'm welsh but Am hoping Wales lose because if they go far then I might not be able to book time off for Glastonbury cos every bloke I work with will want to go away!!
  • Options
    Re: Euro 2004 Playoff predictions
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster

Comes down to how many we let in.

:lol::lol::lol: lots then?!
  • Options
    Re: Re: Euro 2004 Playoff predictions
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    :lol::lol::lol: lots then?!

:p

How crap was that? I actually went and played pool after the 4th goal went in. Never mind. We've got the World Cup qualifiers to fail next. ;)

As for the rest of my predications.

Hard luck also for Wales. I've no idea who I'm gonna support at Euro 2004 now. :rolleyes:

Well done to Spain and Croatia.

And a big well done to Latvia. That'll give the big guns something to think about if they get drawn in the same group as you ;)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Euro 2004 Playoff predictions
    Hard luck also for Wales. I've no idea who I'm gonna support at Euro 2004 now. :rolleyes:

Whoevers playing England?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Euro 2004 Playoff predictions

Why support anyone?

WHy not just enjoy football for it's beauty instead.

I loved the game last night, saw some excellent performances and some of the football played was amazing. But I didn't care who won so I was just able to sit back, and enjoy...
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Euro 2004 Playoff predictions
    Originally posted by godscop
    Whoevers playing England?

:yes:
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Why support anyone?

Valid point. The last World Cup was enjoyable as Scotland weren't there to get upset about.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

I loved the game last night, saw some excellent performances and some of the football played was amazing.

The Dutch were fantastic last night, even though our defending wasn't up to scratch.

It's a horrible, horrible come down after Saturday though.

As for Euro 2004, I gotta admit I find it very difficult to watch football without even having a slight preference as to who I'd want to win.

I won't lie, I'll be supporting whoever England play. Same goes for the French and tthe Germans too.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    As for Euro 2004, I gotta admit I find it very difficult to watch football without even having a slight preference as to who I'd want to win.

www.willhill.com
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    The Dutch were fantastic last night, even though our defending wasn't up to scratch.

Aye, might be worth a note to your defence - Ruud Van Nistlerooy scores goals. Lots of them. Would be worth marking him in the future!
  • Options
    :wave:
  • Options
    I won't lie, I'll be supporting whoever England play

and while you keep doing that we will keep ripping the piss and laughing at you. ;)

yet again you totally humilate yourselves in front of the world while you cousins south of the border are YET AGAIN having to the fly the british flag alone during a major tournament, sometimes I wonder what how the British empire was so big considering you occasionaly poked your noses in

My younger cousin turned to me whilst watching and asked me why there were lots of grown men crying in a stadium with wigs and skirts on. You'll be happy to know I told him it was national transvestites week to save you boys any embarassment
  • Options
    Originally posted by RWB
    fly the british flag alone during a major tournament,

Come on let's be honest. When do England ever fly the flag for Britain? They're only there for themselves. If England (or an English person) win anything major it's "a great day for English sport". If someone from a Non-England British country win "it's a great day for British sport" :mad:
  • Options
    At the Proms?

:p