Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Mars Volta

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey people, im goin to see the mars volta tonight in glasgow and im so dam excited, but the point of this post is....

HOW GOD DAM AMZING IS THE DRUMMER!?!?!?!?!?

Seriously i can't listen to that album withouth thinkin WOW:eek: i really think i may well die ahappy man after this gig tonight!

SO who has all seen them here?? and give me yourkinda mini review on the gig.

(i seen them support chili's in march, were good, but the big arena didnt do them any favours)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I saw them at Reading where they played Roulette Dares and Cicatriz Esp. Just those two! In about 40 mins. It was superb though, really good set. I'm very jealous of you and yeah, the drummer is fucking incredible.
  • Options
    I got the new album a couple of weeks ago and I must say it's very good! I think they'd sound excellent live but I've no opportunity to see them any time soon unfortunately.
  • Options
    Northern Ireland is pretty crap for music fans isn't it? Ah well, when you get away to uni it'll be better.
  • Options
    im going seeing them tomorrow, and yes their album is nothing short of amazing
  • Options
    Hey guys, well the gig last nihgt

Started out absolutley rockin!...drummer blew my mind, but over the course of the gig i think the band just arsed about a bit too much for my likings, u know all the weird freak out noise n stuff between songs, its cool for a minute or so but they let itr drag on too far.

Overall though was a good gig, they played about 5 or 6 songs in total along with all the weird jams, was cool, songs rocked!

only one thing they did not play track 1-2 or track 6 from the album (sorry i cant remember the names)