Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

For those that live with their partners

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How long was it before you moved in with your partner? Did you move in with me, they moved in with you or did you get your own place together? What is a good amount of time, personally, for you have to have been with that person before you make that commitment? Or do you just do it when it feel right? Just curious :D

Comments

  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Going for the next big step eh hun? :D

    I don't believe you can put a time scale on it. When it feels right it feels right.

    Personally myself, the wife just started staying over more and more often and kinda gradually moved in (I was still at my folks). After about a year we got our own place.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I met my blokey in September 2001 and 7 months later we'd bought our own place and were living together.

    Quite quick I suppose when you think about it but we knew it was the real thing and now 2 and a half years down the line we're still sickeningly happy :D
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh you know me too well :blush: We have talked about it and he gets some money through in 4 months time and hes gona move here :D Its a big step for him, well I think it is, he doesnt. He lives about 100 miles away so he will be making a new life. Im so happy he would do this for me but I just wanna make sure he knows what hes doing before he does it :D
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    Oh you know me too well :blush: We have talked about it and he gets some money through in 4 months time and hes gona move here :D Its a big step for him, well I think it is, he doesnt. He lives about 100 miles away so he will be making a new life. Im so happy he would do this for me but I just wanna make sure he knows what hes doing before he does it :D

    Well in 4 months time you'll have got to the 6 month point in you relationship :D;)

    Like I said only you will know if it's too early. Is he moving in with you or is he getting his own place first? Or are you getting somewhere together?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    Well in 4 months time you'll have got to the 6 month point in you relationship :D;)

    Like I said only you will know if it's too early. Is he moving in with you or is he getting his own place first? Or are you getting somewhere together?
    Move in with me first, then I said if your happy we can save and look for our own place :D He reckons he will be more than happy :D
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    Move in with me first, then I said if your happy we can save and look for our own place :D He reckons he will be more than happy :D

    Well I don't think you got anything to worry about babe. If your both happy with him moving in then go for it. See how things go and whilst your in the trial period save some cash for a deposit. And if it doesn't work out I'll come down kick his ass and move in with you. :D
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    it was just over a year before mr. kaffrin moved in with me.

    wasn't easy though, especially as he left all his friends and his family to be with me. it was a nice thought, but in practice, it took a lot of effort.

    you think you know someone, but until you live with them you know nothing. you find out all their mingy habits and annoying habits. you find out what kind of person they REALLY are.

    i would say a year is a good time to wait. i sure as hell wouldn't have done it before 6 months. you're still in the honeymoon period then. and every guy is mr. right when you're still in the honeymoon period. god knows i've made that mistake before.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    Well I don't think you got anything to worry about babe. If your both happy with him moving in then go for it. See how things go and whilst your in the trial period save some cash for a deposit. And if it doesn't work out I'll come down kick his ass and move in with you. :D
    Your such a sweetheart Ninj :D Thanks for your advice ;)


    Kaffrin, how far away did Mr. Kaffrin move from? Did it take a while to build up life for himself, friends, work etc?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    Kaffrin, how far away did Mr. Kaffrin move from? Did it take a while to build up life for himself, friends, work etc?

    he moved from coventry to leeds.

    and it was hard at first, he missed his family, he had no friends here, he had no life away from me. he didn't find a job for a while, and was temping at awful places. we used to fight a lot.

    but after a while everything fit into place. he got a job he liked, he made friends at work, he still missed his family, but we go to see them every few weeks.

    it's been 7 months now, and everything's good.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    it was about 2 years before me and my fella got a place together and that was only cos i was all pregnant and stuff.

    it definitely takes some getting used to
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I moved in after about three years..going on 4.

    Basically his flatmate had to leave and so he suggested I move in - but I insisted we look for a different place together because I didn't want it to be that I was moving in just to make the rent thing easier.
Sign In or Register to comment.