Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Any crossovers out there??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
generally all ravers despise rock music and generally all rockers hate dance, are there anyone out there who like both, i am one and i get alot of slagging from my rave friends for likin rock and vice versa, similarly are there anyone with other crossovers, i.e. classical/rap,
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I like Hip hop, Rock ( well I say rock I mean RHCP, the Strokes and The White Stripes, who "proper" rock fans dont really call rock) and Classical. *shrugs* I couldnt care less what people think. You just have shite friends.
  • Options
    I think it's funny when rock fans start on each other, because they're so obsessed about bands not selling out and all that shit.

They make me laugh.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    I think it's funny when rock fans start on each other, because they're so obsessed about bands not selling out and all that shit.

They make me laugh.

I think most of the bands that listen to have "sold out".
    Probably.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bad seed
    I think most of the bands that listen to have "sold out".
    Probably.
    yus me too....
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I love my dance music but I can recognise and appreciate a 'good' tune whatever style of music it may be.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I like too many different types of music, so not bothering to list them all. Just going to list a few. I like rap, alternative, dance, a bit of classical, new age/celtic, etc., etc.
  • Options
    I would say my main type of music is Hardstyle/Hard/Trancecore/Hard and US House but I also love classical. Trance is just like modern day Classical I suppose, except Classical is with real instruments. My music taste is very varied and diverse but I do not like Rock/Metal.
  • Options
    i like most styles of music, mostly rock, but i do listen to some house music, and some electronica kinda stuff (groove armada, chemical bros, kraftwerk etc.. ) for some examples. I like alot of stuff even some classical music, but at the end of the day i just want to rock lol

(ps not rock as in crap new bands ie: linkin park etc... )

pps: no offence intended to any linkin park fans :)
  • Options
    Music to me is like food I never know what I'm going to want today and like to sample everything. I've never understood people who refuse to listen to something just because it didnt conform to their particular genre.

One of my favourite memories was attending a Ska gig, Hip Hop gig and House night in the same week, funny enough at the same venue and loving all three.
  • Options
    I like what I like. Usually rock music, but if I like certain dance music then i'll listen to that.
  • Options
    I like everything apart from pop.

I don't get people that just listen to the one kind of music. How narrow minded d'they wanna be?

Must get kinda boring too :/
  • Options
    Well I used to get slated no end by mates. I have pretty diverse music tastes, I listen to pretty much most genres. I like: Garage (old stuff), hiphop, rnb, dnb, sting, 60s/70s rock bands, bhangra, some arabic tunes, Dancehall, motown and Metallica :p