Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

02 Pay and Go Original?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...........more like Pay and Rip You Off! Has anyone else noticed the sneaky increase in O2's Pay and Go Original prices? My texts used to be 10p, now they are 12p, and calls to other O2 mobiles at weekends used to be 2p a minute, and are now 10p! I am so annoyed, not so much about the money (although the increases add up), but the way O2 have sneakily increased their charges without, to my knowledge, actually letting me know. :mad:

Comments

• Options
    thats what happend to me!

It happend a few weeks ago, i notices it when i had somthing like £4.50, and it went to £4.38....But now ive changed phones and number so i can get them back to 10p! shocking really!

I thort it was just me that hadnt been told.

Hermy xx
  • Options
    Awww....:rolleyes:

Just become Virgins! We're 3p a text to other Virgins, and 10p all other texts. Top up with a fiver voucher. :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983

Just become Virgins! We're 3p a text to other Virgins, and 10p all other texts. Top up with a fiver voucher. :D

:hyper:

I encourage everyone to be Virgins!
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983

All very well, if you actually know people on Virgin. Which many people dont.
  • Options
    Re: 02 Pay and Go Original?
    Originally posted by Luce
    O2 have sneakily increased their charges without, to my knowledge, actually letting me know. :mad:
    It'll say somewhere in the contract that they can do that without notifying you.
    I'm on Orange. The increased their charges for texts a while back from 10p to 12p too. :( They used to be 5p texts between Orange phones too, but they stopped that. Bastards! :(
    However, I bought one of their packages for £20 that gives you £5 of call top up, and 5 texts per day (1825 per year). You only have to send 3 texts per week to cover the cost of that remaining £15, and if you use all 5, then that works out at just under a penny per text. Not bad for PAYG.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    Yeah, it sure was sneaky, O2 raising the messaging price like that.. :rolleyes: I am sooo thinking of all changing to a nicer network with a bollock-load of free/cheap texts - that would suit me coz I've had to send loads since starting my degree :(