Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What a Cheek

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Last night when I was out about 5pm - the phone rings and my mum picks up.

On the other side a guy tells her he's found a Nokia Mobile phone (One my cousin lost two weeks ago)

So my mum says "Hold on ... I'll just get a pen..."

But the guy says to her "What For?? ..... I'm keeping it!!"

Now don't you think that just a really Bastard thing to do, if you found a phone and you're gonna keep it then keep it ... no need to ring up the people that it belongs to and rub their face sin it.

I wish my cousin had the IMEI number which is unique to every phone - then I think you can have the phone blocked no matter what SIM card they put in it.

BTW to find out your IMEI number do *#06# on your phone and it will give you the number.

Comments

• Options
    :lol:
    Sorry, I know it's nasty of them, but it is funny. My phone was stolen a couple of months ago so I know how hugely angrifying it is, but there's not much you can do. Shouldn't your cousin have the IMEI no. on the original paperwork and packaging that he got with the phone?
    Having said that, when mine was stolen I kept calling 02 and Carphone Warehouse about it and they were really shit - they never answered their phonelines, all their employees told me different things, the CPW shop was always v busy and understaffed, and they messed up a new simcard order twice. So in the end, I cancelled my contract (which you're not meant to do before you've had your phone 12months) and told them it was because of their negligence so I was justified and I'd take them to court of they complained. Then I got a new contract with Phones4U and a new phone altogether, and so fair it's been fine :)

Anyway good luck to your cousin for sorting it out!
  • Options
    Go kill em Diamond! :mad: :D
  • Options
    Yeah, it is funny but its harsh at the same time. Also, even if your cousin had that number, its very easy to be unblocked.
    Does your cousin have insurance?
  • Options
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    Shouldn't your cousin have the IMEI no. on the original paperwork and packaging that he got with the phone?

My cousin was given the phone for free by a friend of his after the Ercisson phone he got from T-Mobile had been i the repair shop for like 4 months and the replacement had gone wrong too. So he'd gotten a refund back on line rental he couldn't use because of no phone - but didn't ahve anything to put the SIM car into - until he got this phone.

It was quite an old Nokia 3110 I think - I just don't remember him writing down the number ont he back of the battery or anything - so maybe they got it from the SIM card even thought we rung and had it frozen within an hour or so of finding it was lost.

My cousin is an idiot - he's always losing stuff - 3 mobiles phones and 2 laptops so far. But it's the fact someone called home and upset my mother that really annoys me - makes you feel violated.

At least if we had the IMEI number we could block the phone and have the last laugh!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer

At least if we had the IMEI number we could block the phone and have the last laugh!!
    not really babe, ive found 2 mobiles and had them unblocked.
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    not really babe, ive found 2 mobiles and had them unblocked.

Well you can get the IMEI number reprogrammed - BUT at least that more hassle to him - and hopefully more expense.

I found a mobile once too on the road and this was back in the days when we still had Analouge phones and this was a shiney new Digital handset with a SIM card reader so I could have just stuck any SIM in there and had a new phone - but instead I looked through the call list and called the last few people that he owner had called and eventually tracked the guy down.

He came to my plae to pick it up and kept insisting he gives me some money as a reward but I refused to take it .. so in the end he stuffed some notes in my shirt pocket and ran off in his car before I could give it back to him..

When My cousin lost his laptop and mobile phone - some woman foun dit and told her husband as she didn't speak English and he found our home number on the back of the phone and call us - now that really boosted my faith in people - to return about £1,200 worth of stuff, espacially when the couple that found it were quite poorly off.
  • Options
    ^^ aw how sweet :)
  • Options
    aww diamondgeezer, youre a real diamond geezer!
    I found a phone once in the park so i phoned a number on it ( i think it was the owners mum) and left a message on the answering phone telling them where i was going to hand it in.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    aww diamondgeezer, youre a real diamond geezer!
    I found a phone once in the park so i phoned a number on it ( i think it was the owners mum) and left a message on the answering phone telling them where i was going to hand it in.

I firmly believe what goes around comes around.
    And if you do good things for others then you'll get rewarded someday!! .. well Done.
  • Options
    I firmly believe what goes around comes around.
    And if you do good things for others then you'll get rewarded someday!! .. well Done.
    Although I don't believe in fate, or anything like it, I do believe in that. :)

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Re: What a Cheek
    Last night when I was out about 5pm - the phone rings and my mum picks up.

On the other side a guy tells her he's found a Nokia Mobile phone (One my cousin lost two weeks ago)

So my mum says "Hold on ... I'll just get a pen..."

But the guy says to her "What For?? ..... I'm keeping it!!"

Made me chuckle :lol:

.:Crispy:.
  • Options
    Re: Re: What a Cheek
    Originally posted by Crispy
    Made me chuckle :lol:

.:Crispy:.

.. Well I bet if it was your mother that had spoken to him you wouldn't be laughing.