Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dont Normally Do This But.......

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i can do with a little input and advice i think, i have met a girl about a month ago and we have spent loads of time together recently, over the past month we have spent more and more time together, but she says she only wants friends... now obviously i want more i wouldn't be posting this would i? :p

we went out on the town together last night and ended up kissing and cuddling quite a bit and i even had my hand up her top fondling her in the pub at one point... we arranged for me to walk her home so i did and we had a coffee at her place then i saw myself out cause i didnt want it to seem as if i was taking advantage of her as she had been drinking. now she text me on my way home saying what a great night she had, thanks etc etc so i text her back asking if she still looked at is as just friends and she said yes, after the way we was acting all night i wouldn't expect that from a friend you know?

i know she split with her bf not long ago and had an abortion about 7-8 months ago and she said she wants a break from relationships but surly us acting like that is more than just friends?... its leading somewhere right?

any thoughts and input is more than welcome, i just want to shed some light on it from other people's past experience's as i want to make it into something more serious than just "casual" or "friends", but shit..this girl is definatly screwing with where i stand with her obviously unless she dont know what she wants herself right?

Comments

• Options
    From what you've said it seems clear to me that although she likes you, perhaps as more than a friend, she doesn't want a relationship. Sometimes people just want to be single for a bit you know? If you really like her you should have a serious conversation with her sometime... and see what she thinks. You're only likely to get the answers you need by talking to her.
  • Options
    Re: Dont Normally Do This But.......
    Originally posted by Karma Killer
    unless she dont know what she wants herself right?

You answer your own question.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Dont Normally Do This But.......
    Originally posted by Mist
    You answer your own question.
    Unless she just fancied a bit of a fumble from someone she knows she could but that was it. Either way, id leave things as they are and just be friends. This girl will let you know if she wants something more.
  • Options
    i'd guess she's really confused about her feelings.

it seems like she does really like you but she's scared of making it real and getting into a relationship just now. Don't put any pressure on her and try to carry on as you are doing. I know it's hard not knowing where you stand, but if you show her that you're supportive and understanding she will make her mind up quicker than if you keep pushing her to decide.
  • Options
    Originally posted by KoolCat
    i'd guess she's really confused about her feelings.

She hasnt given any hint to being confused, she has always been direct with her answers. Ive done it before, when ive felt a bit lonely or just fancied a snog, even if I didnt like em that much. If I was confused id be like " oh I dont know how I feel, give me time etc" i wouldnt be direct if I was confused.
  • Options
    well i gotta text this morning saying "i dont regret last night! i just feel bad that i may have led you on, but ithink you know where you stand right? your a very kisser too,well sweet,"
    but then i spoke to her on the phone a min ago, as it was her friends 18th last night she was trying to get off with 18 people and only managed two, so i said she should have come over too see me and chelle got really jealous when i mentioned that...

i think your right when you say she likes me but just dont want anything too serious for the moment.... im meeting with her later so lets see how things go..
  • Options
    im meeting with her later so lets see how things go..

good luck! x
  • Options
    sounds like something i've done. ive sorta fancied a bloke but didnt like him enough to want anything with him. but then when ive had a few drinks my feelings for him are stronger so i'll pull him. but when im sober again im sorta' hmm it was fun but only a drunken thing'.
  • Options
    My Answer to that is : : : Fuck Buddys ;)
    Jez
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    good luck! x

i never met her....... i decided not to go incase it got a little wierd! :(

and jez.. the thought crossed my mind and its still kinda there to be honest, but at the end of the day i want a little more than that, and i dont think its her style...
  • Options
    ok........she blamed it on the drink..... she said she got a little carried away and we are only friends...
    FUCK, i hate this situation... and ideas or suggestions to make it more than just friends? i dont like the idea of getting her a little tipsy again though...
  • Options
    ok........she blamed it on the drink..... she said she got a little carried away and we are only friends...
    FUCK, i hate this situation... and ideas or suggestions to make it more than just friends? i dont like the idea of getting her a little tipsy again though...
    There is nowt you can do be do
  • Options
    and ideas or suggestions to make it more than just friends? i dont like the idea of getting her a little tipsy again though...

You cannot make it more than friends. The most likely outcome if you keep pushing for something that she doesn't want is that you will get nothing.

Just be a friend for her. If she wants something else later on then she'll let you know.
  • Options
    suppose your right, may aswell take what i can get rather than push and lose everything right? i guess that makes sense... just cross my fingers that something will happen in the future...