Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Most success?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just trying to start a new topic of conversation -

What are everyones most successful chat-up lines/ methods?

E.g. mine was always being subtly sexual with everything i said to the man i fancied then makin my move

Love to hear what everyone elses are

x-x-x

Comments

  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hmm... i sit back and wait for them to make the move. :D works a treat.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't go for games really... just smile and laugh and 'be myself' (however clicheed that sounds). I'm not a really touchy feely person but if I fancy someone then I naturally get closer to them, face them, give them all my attention and body language etc - and it seems to work :)

    (Not that I've been single for a while... but when I was, it did. And even now, I can usually get attention if I want it even though it's going to go no further)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have never chatted anyone up, I always assume straight away that they wouldnt be interested in me anyway.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hmmmm well.... I've managed to get two numbers of girls even though I was not interested in them, here how.....

    It seems in my drunken state I whine on about this older woman I was seeing and it must make other girls want to befriend me?:confused: :crazyeyes

    Then they listen to me moan on some more about how pathetic my life is and then I think in the end they just give me their numbers to shut me up and hope I go away.

    Ok, maybe it doesn’t go exactly like that. But It seems I can talk about this older bird and still come out with girls numbers! (Although I’ve only done it twice so it’s not full proof but it did work on a 23yr old and a 24yr old) Also another drawback to this method is you end up getting numbers of girls you don’t fancy.

    It’s a very backward approach to pulling the ladies in Croydon.:razz:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    I have never chatted anyone up, I always assume straight away that they wouldnt be interested in me anyway.

    If you werent such a little fox, i'd say thats a tad cocky!

    And how many time you tried to chat me up huh?

    And to answer the Q, just been yourself works best. Talk to them like there your friends not would be lovers
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Docter Lurve
    If you werent such a little fox, i'd say thats a tad cocky!

    And how many time you tried to chat me up huh?

    And to answer the Q, just been yourself works best. Talk to them like there your friends not would be lovers
    Yeah but your different ;) and this is the net :p
    Maybe it is cocky maybe it isnt :p
    No seriously, I always automatically think the person wont like me, so if they do its a very nice suprise :p

    Oh and Doc, I agree with your answer muchly :yes:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    I have never chatted anyone up, I always assume straight away that they wouldnt be interested in me anyway.
    You're kidding, right? I mean, you know you're good looking. You post plenty of pics of yourself, a couple of them quite revealing, and you think that when you're out that nobody would want to get to know a great looking girl like you, or that they won't like your personality? You don't think you're a bad person, or that you have flaws, do you? Thought not. So why the paranoia?
    Also, because of your looks I don't expect you've ever had a need to chat up because you've been too busy fighting them off.

    Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    You're kidding, right? I mean, you know you're good looking. You post plenty of pics of yourself, a couple of them quite revealing, and you think that when you're out that nobody would want to get to know a great looking girl like you, or that they won't like your personality? You don't think you're a bad person, or that you have flaws, do you? Thought not. So why the paranoia?
    Also, because of your looks I don't expect you've ever had a need to chat up because you've been too busy fighting them off.

    Mr_Wobble ;)
    Its stems back from my teenage years dear and when I used to be a bit chubby (ive also got a bit of history with eating disorders), I moved miles away from my home and didnt fit in with a different 'culture' and how girls were there. Im not one to change if I dont fit in so I probably wasnt liked for this main reason. Since then ive always assumed that I wont be liked, its just an in built thing, probably to protect me. It doesnt get me down and ive got bucket loads of confidence but inside I often feel like I go un-noticed and that im not what men would want as I look around and I dont look like any of the gorgeous girls around me!
    I used to let it rule mu life but now im hardly bothered by it, I think I have learnt to live with it :D Plus, when I go out im not looking for a man, ya know, im not on the pull kind of thing!

    Although, I do have a new boyfriend who thinks im gorgeous and loves me totally.

    ps I know I sound very vain, I probably am, its just not the vain where I love myself :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Its stems back from my teenage years dear and when I used to be a bit chubby (ive also got a bit of history with eating disorders), I moved miles away from my home and didnt fit in with a different 'culture' and how girls were there. Im not one to change if I dont fit in so I probably wasnt liked for this main
    Well vic it'd be something for to you to try again in the future. Once you can lift your head and be prepared that some might reject you, you'll breeze through it.
    By all accounts I am no expert at chatting people up,but I do try it and at times I even succeed- ha ha.

    Ye i'll agree its different over the net, its basically nothing.
    It'll always be more harmless flirting than anything - as I never actually expect to meet hardly anybody on here in person.

    Another thing on that is the harder you look for it, the harder it is to find. Its human instinct to want something you cant have, but people just be yourselves. Just on that note hate the mind games that people play these days: and alarge part of it is down to all these crappy girly mags. Men do it too now- so rel's almost sem a bit artificial at times!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Awwww, Vicky. Didn't know you'd had that many problems in the past. Wasn't haveing a go at you, but it frustrates me when gorgeous girls constantly go on about how unnatractive they are, when they must know, and be aware of, how good looking they are. It's like the gorgeous girl at work I like, saying she hasn't got good legs, and that her bum's too big, and her lips aren't big enough, and her eyes are too dark, etc, etc, etc, when every one of those things are the very same things I like about her.
    Ok, I can see where your insecurities come from, but you obviously know you're great looking, and you come across as someone whose fun to be with. So what could there be to worry about?

    Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Awwww, Vicky. Didn't know you'd had that many problems in the past. Wasn't haveing a go at you, but it frustrates me when gorgeous girls constantly go on about how unnatractive they are, when they must know, and be aware of, how good looking they are. It's like the gorgeous girl at work I like, saying she hasn't got good legs, and that her bum's too big, and her lips aren't big enough, and her eyes are too dark, etc, etc, etc, when every one of those things are the very same things I like about her.
    Ok, I can see where your insecurities come from, but you obviously know you're great looking, and you come across as someone whose fun to be with. So what could there be to worry about?

    Mr_Wobble ;)
    Aw babe, I didnt think you were having a go at me and im not one of those girls who constantly go on about my looks! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder dear! I hardly ever talk about stuff on here like that, its just not me. Sometimes I will let a side of me show that you dont often see, like here. Im perfectly fine and happy and it only rarely gets me down when im having a bad day anyway.
    Thanks for your kind and lovely words Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My all time fav:

    Having seen this work before with a mate, I walked up to a bar, and asked a gorgeous girl if I could buy her a drink, she sort of rolled her eyes expecting the whole chat thing, but said yeah. I bought the drink, paid then turned to her said "thanks for that" and straight away just walked off.

    She was looking at me accross the bar for the rest of the night, and I only had to walk past her as I left to get her number :-)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by pavlovs_dog
    My all time fav:

    Having seen this work before with a mate, I walked up to a bar, and asked a gorgeous girl if I could buy her a drink, she sort of rolled her eyes expecting the whole chat thing, but said yeah. I bought the drink, paid then turned to her said "thanks for that" and straight away just walked off.

    She was looking at me accross the bar for the rest of the night, and I only had to walk past her as I left to get her number :-)

    Sounds like a fresh new approach,
    And once she's only drinking 7-up I dont mind!

    I will rarely go up to a stranger and buy her a drink,
    If im getting on well or its one of my female friends I do but on the whole I odnt go buying some of those dickteaser's for want of a better word drinks. Works great as a finishing touch and prepare to hold that card till then- but i must try tat one ouT!
Sign In or Register to comment.