Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Need some ideas. Running low at the moment

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
another one of those situations where the guy likes the girl and they get along great as friends, but he doesn't know how to go about moving things along. sums up my situation quite nicely i think.

it's kind of tough to ask this girl out on a date because she has no problem with just the two of us hanging out. that in and of itself is great, but the problem comes in when i want to ask her on a date or do something so she doesn't think i just want to be friends cause i don't. being just friends would be fine, but i want to know that i at least tried at something more. if it isn't what she wants then fine, i'll deal.

guess there is always the "how do you feel about me?" question, but i was hoping to possibly avoid it in hopes of something else. thing is i can't think of anything else. any ideas or comments that you think might help would be welcome. thanks.

Comments

• Options
    A Classic situation mate, well, i been in that situation myself! and can say from experience, if you get along great as mates, then your gonna make a great relationship. This is what you gotta do, give it a few days just keep talking to her as you do and stuff, keep hanging out but start to try and do things you haven't done before? Like Play-Fights? Or tickling her? I dno your situation in that respect so all i can say is the progress will either happen or it won't, you gotta start hinting you like her a bit more, maybe start talking about a relationship side of things that you haven't maybe spoken to her about before, about how she would feel if you two were a bit closer or something.
    Progression through being discreet is always tough to do, but if you like this girl as much as i liked the girl i got with, then you'll know that you want something to happen without it being too obvious.
    All the advice i can give ya is too just do things you havent before and see how she reacts to it! thats what I did, try it for yourself.
    Hope this helps,
    Jez:confused:
  • Options
    I see what skating_reaper's saying, and in fact that was how my boyfriend and I got together - we were friends, but got closer and closer and started behaving gradually more like a couple, until I realised how much I liked him and vice versa, and we kissed.

However, if she doesn't like you in this way, it could be awkward and embarrassing for you to try anything on. By far the safest option is just to ask her how she feels about you, and tell her just how much you like her. Good luck!