Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Rhcp

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
damn there new song is rather great :D I love it does anyone else like it ??

Seems that the new song is appearing on there new "greatest hits" album personally i dont think that at this current time they need a greatest hits maybe in another couple of years perhaps.

Anyway back to the point ?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Erm, they've been together for more than 20 years, and released about 11 cd's (and some limited edition stuff).

Most of today's bands release a Best Of album, after their 3rd album, as that is a great accomplishment in todays music industry.
  • Options
    What's their new song? Is it's just another single off BTW?

And Jacq, whilst your cynicism is correct, there isn't a need to release a greatest hits - they're still making fantastic albums, which always have more personality than a greatest hits collection. One of the things that makes the Peppers so brilliant is their progression through their 20 year career - I just can't see Apache Rose Peacock appearing next to My Friends appearing next to On Mercury, it'd just be too weird.

Course, if they do release it, I'll still be buying it, sucker for consumerism that I am.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Turtle
    What's their new song? Is it's just another single off BTW?

And Jacq, whilst your cynicism is correct, there isn't a need to release a greatest hits - they're still making fantastic albums, which always have more personality than a greatest hits collection. One of the things that makes the Peppers so brilliant is their progression through their 20 year career - I just can't see Apache Rose Peacock appearing next to My Friends appearing next to On Mercury, it'd just be too weird.

Course, if they do release it, I'll still be buying it, sucker for consumerism that I am.

Nope, it's not off BTW. They recorded that and another song especially for the Greatest Hits CD.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShIne
    Nope, it's not off BTW. They recorded that and another song especially for the Greatest Hits CD.

Oh bugger. Now I *am* going to have to get it. I haven't the money!
  • Options
    Oh bugger. Now I *am* going to have to get it. I haven't the money!

Surely living off soup for a week is worth it for the Chili's? :p
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Its a great song!

The new album is going for a bargain £8.50 on Amazon, I've got my copy pre-ordered! :D
  • Options
    Surely living off soup for a week is worth it for the Chili's? :p

It's not the food that's an issue, but I'd have to give up beer. :p
  • Options
    It's not the food that's an issue, but I'd have to give up beer. :p

The Chili's still win for me. :p
  • Options
    The Chili's still win for me. :p

not straight edge are you by any chance R&S? lol :P
  • Options
    personally i think the Chili's second Greatest Hits album could have been better. Where is 'Can't Stop' , 'The Zephyr Song' 'Aeroplane'.

You might as well get the limited edition with DVD, its got 16 of their videos (i think) and its £15.99 on Amazon
  • Options
    Originally posted by sprocket
    not straight edge are you by any chance R&S? lol :P

Fuck no!

But i prefer to indulge in some nice skunk :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by O_o
    personally i think the Chili's second Greatest Hits album could have been better. Where is 'Can't Stop' , 'The Zephyr Song' 'Aeroplane'.
    They don't play any songs from OHM. John refuses to. He claims he's never even listened to that cd.
    Shame, as some of their best songs are on it.
  • Options
    They're new songs great. And im sooo getting they're greatest hits. :heart::D
  • Options
    I quite liked some of their earlier stuff (stand by for me to sound like an old git) but a lot of their newer stuff sounds a bit, well, the same.

Now Justin Timberlake, he's really evolved as an artist and you can hear that he's breaking new ground.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I quite liked some of their earlier stuff (stand by for me to sound like an old git) but a lot of their newer stuff sounds a bit, well, the same.

:yes: :yes: :yes:

it seems that now, The Chili's have 'lost their funk' when compared to their original greatest hits album 'What Hits?!?', What Hits has a lot more funky bass riffs.
  • Options
    Just as it seems that all the chili fans are united, I'd like to tell that I have not only one but two original versions of Soul To Squeeze :D
    :p