Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

moles...................

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have recently noticed that a mole, which has previously been a smooth as babies backside has suddenly started growing and turned crusty.

Have been to the docs who has told me to go back in 3 weeks to have it removed if it has not returned to normal.

He has also casually told me i would have a 1cm scar!!!!!

Surely they should take a scrap first and analise if before hacking away at my arm?

Has anyone had a similar experiance or advice regarding the

Comments

• Options
    Having a mole removed really isn't that bad at all and can be a relief if it makes you feel self concious.

All they'll do is inject some local anesthetic into your arm, then use this "apple corer" type device to take out the mole in one go and then put a couple of stiches in the wound. The sorest thing about it is the little prick of the injection so there's really nothing to worry about. :)

They analyse the mole after they take it out and tell you the results when you go back to get the stitches out.
  • Options
    Its on my arm so i dont suppose its too bad.

Just a bit worried as my gp is doing it & he didnt really do much to lay my fears to rest!

sure it will be ok though

Cheers hun x