Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Front Page is the worst program EVER!

Has anyone else had the misfortune to get involved with this bag of shite.

Its rubbish, you try and do anything with it and the spacing falls apart.

Useless!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Front Page is the worst program EVER!
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Has anyone else had the misfortune to get involved with this bag of shite.

Its rubbish, you try and do anything with it and the spacing falls apart.

Useless!

Never used it, but I've seen the results of frontpage. It really is fucking awful.
  • Options
    Its bloody frustrating, I've only had to use it a couple of times and I have already built up a dislike for it that would normally take years to cultivate.
  • Options
    Its shit!!!

All about Dreamweaver MX
  • Options
    I get on with it allright. But then I learnt WYSWIG web design using Frontpage. I've tried using Dreamweaver, but because I'm used to Frontpage it's a bit of a chore.
    Frontpage has a couple of quirks, as do most web design programs, but I think most people "hate" it because it's by Microsoft.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Frontpage isn't that bad, just has a few annoying features besides that it's piss easy to use
  • Options
    Ha.

Adobe PageMill is the one to use. Fantastically easy, makes great webpages and the HTML it produces it really rather good. :)

But for more complex pages, you'll be wanting Dreamweaver. Frontpage is an absolute pile of shit, you're better off coding the page yourself. :)
  • Options
    I learnt my WYSIWYG from Netscape Composer back in mid-1999 and then taught myself HTML by experiment with the ideas from the Netscape program.

The thing about Frontpage is that when someone edites your hand-coded HTML in FP, you see a load of repeated code strewn about the page. 'Code-mangling' is what they call it.
  • Options
    either use dreamweaver or notepad
  • Options
    Personally I use HTML-Kit by Chami (look for it on google :) ) it obviously has all the basic functions plus it has alot of advanced ones and you can install thousands of plug ins for it and it is also a very small program compared to its rivals.

oh and its free!
  • Options
    I would have no idea how to code it myself, and to be frank I have no interest in trying to learn. Its just when ever I try and put anything into Front Page virtualy all of it is ok apart from some spacings which make it look crap.

And then when you try and deal with them it gets worse.
  • Options
    Unless you can make your site using HTML tag by tag ALL visual redactors are bad. I agree with bongbudda though, FrontPage is crap. Dreamweaver is much better. And I’d like to know more about PageMill.
  • Options
    Use Notepad, you cheating cunts :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    Use Notepad, you cheating cunts :p
    too freaking true.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RudeBwoy
    Its shit!!!

All about Dreamweaver MX

I used that for the first time the other day for college, and hated it. I prefer to just notepad it :yes:
  • Options
    For all you HTML freaks out there - those who like to code directly in HTML, you could try CoffeeCup, or Hotdog (by Sausage Software). They have a few nifty features, and can be a great help when trying to discover a problem or mistake with a page.
    Just search the net for them

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Don’t call Dreamwaver MX names! Yes, it is not better than the old version, so what? Don’t pay attention and use the old classic stuff (DW4) that I use (I have NO troubles!) or the new one… All that MX stuff was made as a part of the ‘value pack’ where the main thing is Flash MX!!! And I have to say it has some…goodies, please, but not for standard web!
    Don’t take it seriously! ( if you are not a game-programmer. In that case Flash MX is …I have no words. Super!! JavaScript is yellow liquid kiddish shit in front of Flash MX…)
    My truly advice for all newbies in site-making game : HTML is first. (The First of Ten Commandments for every designer is ”thou shalt not put a tag without /-ing it”…) Everything other is not important. Choose your stuff that fits you, whatever it is, and you ALWAYS find the kind of hell matching your sins!
  • Options
    what version of Frontpage are you using?

I use Frontpage XP and it works fine for me.

It's not designed for very graphically intense website but more for content driven sites that need to be easily changed, we used to use it at work on a 6,000+ page intranet and worked fine for that.

It does lack some decent graphics features but using Xara add in's like xara webstyle you can do some nice navigation bars, headings, etc.
  • Options
    We have to use FirstPage2000 at uni. But I quite like frontpage really.
  • Options
    I tried using Frontpage to design a website as I had been bought a really cheap domain name. When I tried to publish it to my domain name it was having none of it. This could just be me being a complete internet moron or the fact that Frontpage sucks.