Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Offshoring

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i'm not racist but when i fone up a company i don't like it when some stupid indian answers, u try to talk to them and they say "sorry i can't understand what you are trying to say", what a bunch of retards, they have no idea of our cultured language and are only working cos some fat cat decided he wanted more money so he decided to charge pakis to work at cheap labour, plus taking jobs away from decent normal people who have to go home with no money in their pocket, lets stop this now and give the jobs back!

Comments

• Options
    Re: Offshoring
    Originally posted by turlough
    i'm not racist but

oh dear
  • Options
    I agree with what you are saying 100%. If someone is in a job which deals with speaking to customers over the phone then they should be able to speak the language and be understood.

It has happened to me before and I have hung up on a person because I had difficulty understanding what they were saying.

But I do not appreciate you saying stuff like 'Pakis' , theres no need for that tbh.
  • Options
    i'm not racist but
    when some stupid indian answers
    what a bunch of retards
    pakis
    taking jobs away from decent normal people

Fuck off you racist fucktard.
  • Options
    i'm not racist but when i fone up a company i don't like it when some stupid indian answers, u try to talk to them and they say "sorry i can't understand what you are trying to say", what a bunch of retards, they have no idea of our cultured language and are only working cos some fat cat decided he wanted more money so he decided to charge pakis to work at cheap labour, plus taking jobs away from decent normal people who have to go home with no money in their pocket, lets stop this now and give the jobs back!

thats sickening:yeees:
  • Options
    besides the racist attitude that goes with the original post there is a deeper stain.
    it proves to me what i have known since childhood ...when the people responsible for shifting millions and billions ask you to fight for your country ...tell 'em to fuck off!
    their idea of patriotism isn't my idea of it at all.
    "i'll live in the isle of man so i can avoid putting anything back into the people and the place that have made me so fucking fat" ...
    ..."and when the workers ask for to much in the way of decency in their standard of living, their working and housing conditions ...
    i'll fuck em all off ...by email ...and hire a load of them ******s for three bob a week ...i know how to stay fucking fat ..."
  • Options
    Outsourcing call centres to different parts of the world will usually be detrimental to customer service.

But when the companies seem to solely care about statistics (how many called answered with in 5 seconds, how much the wage bill is), outsourcing is the answer for them.

The customer may get the problem solved in the end, but how long will it take?
    It's not a question of racism, it's a question of language barriers.

The people answering the phones are not stupid, most of them are graduates, they have simply been brought up speaking a different language.

Expressing yourself to a person over then phone, especially when they're speaking a different language, and for them to understand you, is hard.

Yes, it is creating jobs in India, which is great for them (even if the people are expected to work for disgusting wages), but in the long run, will it do the corporation any good? Or will the customers move to another company that offers better customer service?

Turlough, you could try phrasing a little better.
  • Options
    Lets rephrase this 'I'm not racist but when I want my roads dug up I don't want some paddies who don't speak English properly but some decent people'

Different spin but same sentiment, do you get it?

'our cultured language?' derived from Latin, saxon, french, yiddish, celtic etc etc

Give the jobs back to who, us or you in Ireland?

Grow up

:mad:
  • Options
    you want to try talking to some guy in bombay about wales!
    what is your address again sir?
    ...berwyn mawr
    llidiart y parc
    nr the horseshoe pass
    llangollen.
    (no that isn't my adrress)
    can you be spelling that sir!
    AGAIN!
    well i cannot understand where you be coming from sir ...
    .........'you know near ...llanfairhorngwynvy ...?"
  • Options
    and theres more ...how the hell can you find thousands of bombaians who can understand a geordie? 5mins later he's talking to a scouse ...then a yorkshire man ...then a jock. then some sarf londener comes on ...then theres the way i speak and the way my kids speak! god man i can't understand them myself ...
  • Options
    ..are only working cos some fat cat decided he wanted more money so he decided to charge pakis to work at cheap labour, plus taking jobs away from decent normal people who have to go home with no money in their pocket, lets stop this now and give the jobs back!

I think you will find that a lot of people 'back home' with no money in their pocket can't be bothered to get off their arses to get jobs or try and get better ones, this isn't Indians fault.
    I think you'll find that Indians especially in this country are among the most hard working of people so good luck to them.
    Sure I'm not a fan of this fat cat behaviour because they're greddy s*** but,
    I believe that people who complain about others getting jobs are generally jealous, lazy arseholes.
    We don't have time for no brain racists on this forum
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    There is a serious discussion to be had here about customer services, the movement of capital around the world, the difference in the way modern communications alter our perceptions of who we are speaking to, all these and many more issues could be brought into any debate about the increasingly common practice of outsourcing telecommunications.

<b>BUT</b>

racism will not be tolerated on these boards. Debate any issue you want but do not use it as an excuse to rant against other people for no reason than they sound or look different to you. Believe me there are plenty of people who would say exactly the same thing about the Irish and it would be equally untrue. Think before you post.
  • Options
    Its business, cold and simple. The workers there are more productive, cheaper, and to be honest in the main speak better english.

Suggest protectionist econonic measures if you want, but they wont work, and even if they did we'd all suffer from a massive downturn here and there wouldnt be any jobs to outsource even if we wanted to.

I cant help feel this is almost purely a racial issue and not one of the business related points behind outsoucing.

Also did you actualy have confirmation that they were based there?
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Its business, cold and simple. The workers there are more productive, cheaper, and to be honest in the main speak better english.

Productive and cheaper being the two quantifiable factors that the management scientists/CEOs care about. Customer service is not as easily put into numbers, and therefore, tends to be seen as not as important.

I'm not particulaly convinced about the standard of service being as high, based on a (clear speaking) family member phoning Eagle Star and having to repeat himself a number of times. I'm not sure where these people were based, but it would appear that they weren't able to satisfactorily understand the caller.
  • Options
    I just think making what apear to be random comments about 'pakis' when your not even sure where they are based is just plain nasty.

There are loads of people in the UK who I have trouble understanding, people from Yorkshire for example.
  • Options

Given the content of this post, you may as well leave out the 'i'm not racist but'. No need to be politically correct, if you're a racist bastard, just admit it! :p
  • Options
    Hey loser, did you know that Pakistan and India are 2 different countries? Or do you just class everyone with brown skin as a "paki"? :mad:

Don't blame these people, blame the greedy company directors.
  • Options
    Please lets not get onto 'those fat cat bosses'. It is in the nature of the business system we have that someone has to be a boss. It is their legal responsibility to make the company money, if they dont they will loose their job!

If you have a better system, then feel free to suggest it. Other wise I would think continous 'fat cat' bashing is somewhat pointless.
  • Options
    You can be a boss and still have some ethics about investing in local communities. Thinking long term, are we not heading towards large scale unemployment and recession if so many jobs are being lost to less developed countries purely because directors want to make a fast buck?
  • Options
    The two dont have a direct co-relation. Yes some jobs are moving elsewhere, but others are being created here. We really are only loosing the jobs at the bottom of the pile, low skilled, labour basicaly.

Plus, directors making money is good for the country, well obivously unless it is done within the law. Its not like they just get the money, put it in a pile and store it away from everyone else.

Money makes money, they will spend it, then someone else gets more and so on.

But I'm sure I'm not explaining myself well enough and I will be dismissed as a cold and heartless bastard who couldnt give a toss about 'workers'.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Offshoring
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Fuck off you racist fucktard.

out of the statement you used to imply i was racist is yet another example of YOU being prejudiced, anyone can be a retard, black, white whatever, stupid indian doesn't imply anything remotely racist, there are smart indians aswell but the one's on the phone were stupid, so stop trying to be the perfect role model its hardly as if u've never said paki before you liberal prick
  • Options
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    Lets rephrase this 'I'm not racist but when I want my roads dug up I don't want some paddies who don't speak English properly but some decent people'

Different spin but same sentiment, do you get it?

'our cultured language?' derived from Latin, saxon, french, yiddish, celtic etc etc

Give the jobs back to who, us or you in Ireland?

Grow up

:mad:

when are you ever going to talk to someone whose fixing a road, you've missed the point completely, i said "us" as a general comment to the united kingdom as i live in northern ireland and yes companies here have been offshored, but ur too judgemental to know otherwise, u grow up
  • Options
    Seeing as the majority of people on this thread detected a racist tone to your post, maybe thats telling you something?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Offshoring
    out of the statement you used to imply i was racist is yet another example of YOU being prejudiced, anyone can be a retard, black, white whatever, stupid indian doesn't imply anything remotely racist, there are smart indians aswell but the one's on the phone were stupid, so stop trying to be the perfect role model its hardly as if u've never said paki before you liberal prick
    One day, a few years from now, you will remember the kind of things you used to say, like the bollocks above, and tell yourself: ''What a twat I was when I was 17!''

Because if you still cannot see what's wrong with what've you've posted, then that is exactly what you are.

Let's pray that this is just a passing phase and that you are not on your way to becoming a paid-up BNP member.

May I recommend you embark in a 1-year backpacking voyage round the world? I reckon that's exactly what's needed here.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Offshoring
    out of the statement you used to imply i was racist

Well you are racist aint you ? if not I would suggest you edit your first post.
  • Options
    when are you ever going to talk to someone whose fixing a road, you've missed the point completely, i said "us" as a general comment to the united kingdom as i live in northern ireland and yes companies here have been offshored, but ur too judgemental to know otherwise, u grow up

To be honest, since your avatar is a leprechaun and you say you're from "Ireland" it isn't unreasonable to expect you to be from the Republic. In fact the above probably suggests in normal circumstances you would rather people though you were, otherwise you would have said you were from "Northern Ireland". But here you had a petty point to make so changed your tune.

Anyway, that's largely irrelevant. You are racist, that much is clear. It's also pretty unacceptable to use the word "retard" these days, sorry. You've tripped up there too. Lets put you in an office in London dealing with Indian rail customers and see how you get on, hmm? People who aren't absolutely fluent in a given language are not "stupid". To suggest otherwise is frankly laughable. You're the one who should be growing up mate, believe me.

As far as offshoring is concerned, I can see positive and negative aspects. It is sad that jobs are lost here because labour is cheaper elsewhere. It's the same old story and in my opinion the bosses (and I think it is fair to apportion blame on them, bongbuddha) should carry some responsibility for the workers underneath them, and protect their jobs where possible.

To look on the bright side, India is a Third World country and it is good to see so many educated (got that Turlough?) people able to be employed in their own country. This is obviously good news for India. But as I said, it shouldn't have to happen, and it doesn't seem to be that job losses were a necessity.
  • Options
    a) Turlough you stupid prick......

b) Would you also complain if the company charged you more to match the costs of hiring British workers as opposed to Indian workers? Yes

Would you complain if the outsourcing allowed the company to cut costs? No

Would you turn down an offer to be paid better than anyother job you could get to learn Indian and work in a call centre for Indian customers? Probably not

Does it make you stupid because you could not conceivably learn to speak Indian as well as an Indian person? No

Are you supid anyway?

YES
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg

Would you turn down an offer to be paid better than anyother job you could get to learn Indian and work in a call centre for Indian customers? Probably not

To save time from the possible counter-attack from Turlough, I'd better point out that the main language of India is Hindi, not Indian.

I must admit that I'd prefer it if companies didn't offshore because 1) it makes it more difficult for me to get a job in England and 2) I don't want to live abroad.

I'm not sure about whether it's a good thing in general. It does seem a little bit like exploitation. I'm not saying this because offshoring is disadvantageous for me. Bosses are relocating jobs to India because it's cheaper to pay for labour, aren't they? Thus, you can immediately tell that people living in India aren't getting paid so much. I don't know much about the situation, but it doesn't seem entirely right that jobs are being lost over here and the new Indian workers aren't being paid as much, just for the sake of profit?
  • Options
    Originally posted by will haycock
    just for the sake of profit?

That's it.

I still maintain that the quality of service is reduced, though.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zero II
    To be honest, since your avatar is a leprechaun and you say you're from "Ireland" it isn't unreasonable to expect you to be from the Republic. In fact the above probably suggests in normal circumstances you would rather people though you were, otherwise you would have said you were from "Northern Ireland". But here you had a petty point to make so changed your tune.

Anyway, that's largely irrelevant. You are racist, that much is clear. It's also pretty unacceptable to use the word "retard" these days, sorry. You've tripped up there too. Lets put you in an office in London dealing with Indian rail customers and see how you get on, hmm? People who aren't absolutely fluent in a given language are not "stupid". To suggest otherwise is frankly laughable. You're the one who should be growing up mate, believe me.

As far as offshoring is concerned, I can see positive and negative aspects. It is sad that jobs are lost here because labour is cheaper elsewhere. It's the same old story and in my opinion the bosses (and I think it is fair to apportion blame on them, bongbuddha) should carry some responsibility for the workers underneath them, and protect their jobs where possible.

To look on the bright side, India is a Third World country and it is good to see so many educated (got that Turlough?) people able to be employed in their own country. This is obviously good news for India. But as I said, it shouldn't have to happen, and it doesn't seem to be that job losses were a necessity.

i will admit that i made racist comments in my post, however, these were spare of the moment anger remarks, i'm not racist, i have a friend who is half-jamacan, my jibe was the fact that jobs were moved to a different country, be that india or anyother country, it wasn't an attack on the people of india themselves. i know its hard to c by my point of view but thats it
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Offshoring
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    One day, a few years from now, you will remember the kind of things you used to say, like the bollocks above, and tell yourself: ''What a twat I was when I was 17!''

Because if you still cannot see what's wrong with what've you've posted, then that is exactly what you are.

Let's pray that this is just a passing phase and that you are not on your way to becoming a paid-up BNP member.

May I recommend you embark in a 1-year backpacking voyage round the world? I reckon that's exactly what's needed here.

ok alladin, i think you've takin it too far there, BNP, i don't even consider them a party, i think ur being slightly hypocritical as you have strong views on religion that i'm sure many disagree with