Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Some good can come out of this forum...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
At least for me ;)

Need to write a thorough history paper, before the Christmas vacation.

Need to operate on a specific field, and I want to write about something concerning the Middle East, the US or Europe. It can be a war, a person, organisation, party, ideology etc.

I have the background knowledge to the Middle East, so it'll be easier for me to work with. At first I thought about the six day war, but then figured that I want a subject which is still relevant today. So I thought of either the PLO or something about the different ideologies surrounding the state of Israel.

Regarding the US and Europe, I don't have too many ideas.

So I was wondering if any of the people here, had any ideas regarding these three themes which could be of any use?

Any help is dearly appericiated.

Comments

• Options
    You will certainly find enough material here! A quick search or two will provide you with more blurb than you could have possibly hoped for.

As well as the Middle East conflict, you could consider the issue of immigration & asylum seekers, membership of the EU, or foreign policy as practised by the West.

Do a few C & Ps and you'll save yourself hours of arduous work. :D
  • Options
    Yes, will certainly find a lot of ramblings here.
    Thing is it has to be of historical value.

Anyone has any suggestions to specific things?
  • Options
    irand and the mullahs ...the hatred of israel ...the moving of morphine base and heroin to fund terrorism and WMD ...
  • Options
    To tie in all three regions, The ideology behind terrorism/freedom movements, you could include, Israel and the Palestinians, the UK and the Ulster Republicans/Loyalists and Scottish/Welsh nationalist movements and Spain and the Basque/Catalan movements.

What all three have in common is a one side fighting for self-determination against the wishes/needs of the governing bodies.
  • Options
    Figured that my themes were to broad, and found difficulties cutting them down. So I am now writing about Poland WW2, with a focus on the Warzaw ghetto.
    How I will relate it to today, I fucking don't know.
    But at least I feel sure about this subject.