Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

smells

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my mum has just come home with a an oil her friend has made up for me to help ease my cold. its jasmin and some other things, it smells lovely!! i also have a lavinder(sp) spray as well to help me sleep:)

Just wondered what u things u have like if u cant sleep or if ure ill?

Comments

• Options
    Chloroform.
  • Options
    Olbas Oil if I have a cold...otherwise I tend to just knock myself out with alcohol....
  • Options
    If I can't sleep, then I have three main options...

1) Sleeping pills. The insomnia can be a pain in the arse. Must remember to renew that perscription.
    2) Alcohol. Don't do this too often as I don't drink that much, and it's not a good idea anyway.
    3) Masturbation. Can work wonders some nights, but usually only when I'm shattered anyway.

For colds/flu. Hmmm, just paracetamol, and any necessary throat sprays and cough mixtures.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Oooo well my mother has a livender(sp) pillow and if im ill i use that, erm cough mixtures, sleeping pills, the useral.

Ooo might have to get some Chloroform.:)
  • Options
    When I'm ill it tends to be my stoamch. So therefore I get a build up of gas. So it's safe to say anything I smell is pretty much vile.

Though good things to do when you're ill are rest, do simple exercise (raising your heartbeat promotes adrenaline production etc which helps fight the infection. or so I've heard.) but when you're really ill it's not nice doing lots of exercise, so sometimes it's just walking up and down the stairs heh. What else do I do? Asprin or paracetemol (omg my spelling :eek:) to numb the pain a bit, and of course, a warm drink :yes: - I don't think it helps but it makes me feel happier! :D

And feeling happy does make you recover faster, or rather, feeling sad makes you recover slower. Depression fucks your immune system about.

When I can't sleep I just pull my covers back so I'm exposed, open my window, and lie spread out. The cool air cools my blood down, making me more comfortable, which is usually why I can't sleep. If it's really bad then i put cold water on my hair. The downside of this is halfway through the night you wake up freezing!
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    So therefore I get a build up of gas. So it's safe to say anything I smell is pretty much vile.

eww that is mingin! :yuck: lol. x
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    3) Masturbation. Can work wonders some nights, but usually only when I'm shattered anyway.

A little know, but often effective, remedy that! :D

Also reading can help.
  • Options
    I use brandy to get me to sleep... works a treat.

Also since I've been drinking beer today my cough has gone... i've been coughing all day, even with other drinks!

So the answer to everything lies in alcohol.
  • Options
    I roll about.. then roll some more about.. and if that wont work I give up, and go use my computer before trying again.

Luckily I rarely have difficulties with sleep. :p
  • Options
    I have a pretty bad sense of smell. Smells have to be very powerful for me to smell :(
  • Options
    Brandy
  • Options
    Well, if I can't sleep and I'm already in bed, I usually just toss and turn for like ever and if I still can't go to sleep after about 2 or 3 hours, then I get up, take one of my sleeping pill prescription pills, come on the computer and come on here or just surf around on the internet, and usually, about after a half hour to an hour the sleeping pill starts to kick in, then I lie back down and within about half an hour or less, I'm out like a light.

For the cold/flu, I usually take dayquil throughout the day and then take a batch of nightquil at night and it usually knocks me out and if I happen to wake up, after 4 hours, or so, during the night, then I will take another dose of nightquil and it usually ends up knocking me out for the rest of the night and do the same thing for a couple of days until my cold/flu is over.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    My Staffy often jumps into bed with me. Not only does she act like a little hot water bottle but her heart beat sends me off to sleep quicker.
    Weekender Offender