Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Year Books

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When we leave school at the end of yr 11, we get year books with like stuff in thats happened to are year blah blah, pics of everyone idividually in 1st year and then in last year etc, i was talking to my mate and she said that thier skool didnt get yearbooks! :eek: fort that was a bit mean, so i was just wondering how many of u got/are getting year books and what were they like to those of u who have em? :D x

Comments

• Options
    We had a yearbook comitee.

I wasn't in the yearbook, because I told them to go fuck themselves when they tried to force me into dressing up for Children in Need.

Arseholes.
  • Options
    I've gotten a year book every year from first grade to my senior year. Every school I have ever heard of does the same. Really, a yearbook is just a way for the popular kids in the yearbook staff to put their popular friend's pictures everywhere so they will be remembered for all times. Usually in such respectable poses as the boys wearing womens clothes, or how dumb you can look with school spirit at the homecoming football game.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    I wasn't in the yearbook, because I told them to go fuck themselves when they tried to force me into dressing up for Children in Need.

Arseholes.

:lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    We had a yearbook comitee.

So did we. But we never had a year book in the end because they didnt raise enough money. Heh.
  • Options
    I never got a yearbook :(

*feels left out*

we just took our own notebooks into school to get everyone to sign.
  • Options
    Originally posted by KoolCat

*feels left out*

same as my school
  • Options
    i had a yearbook.and like everyone signed coz i was drunk as hell when we got them.its good to look at now:)
    xxx
  • Options
    our school doesnt, I dont think. But we all take in our school shirts for everyone to sign.

I remember a girl once who never wore a uniform in her life, who went out and bought a £15 school shirt for her mates to sign before she left. :eek:
  • Options
    We had a yearbook at my school too and I was on the committee for it, not through choice I might add :yeees:
  • Options
    I said I'd help out with the Yearbook Commitee this year because I wanted to study Journalism but I've changed to Anthropology since then and distanced myself pretty quickly! :rolleyes:

I think my year's will be good though because everyone's going to be involved rather than just people who could be arsed.
  • Options
    we had a yearbook comittee

there was a big scandal as all the people on the comitte got awards and they were the ones counting the votes

scandalous
  • Options
    yeah! we have a year book.well for end of yr 13. most people stay on after yr 11 so only have noe for last year.
    im creating 1/4 page for it at mo and have given in lots of photos. also you get nominations in there.....and oh random stuff like pages on trips quotes collages etc.
  • Options
    Hmm, we had one had one last year. It was very American, and different to the yearbooks we used to have with class photos and things that had happened during the year.
  • Options
    Originally posted by KoolCat

*feels left out*

Im going to have to do that!