Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Alex Parks

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I know you've discussed her before, but at the time I had no clue who she was...

I think she's great! Saw her on TOTP and developed and insane crush before I realised she was that Alex! Interesting articles about her in the Guardian weekend on Saturday and on the Guardian website (here). Maybe I'm just a typical "baby dyke" falling in love with each and every vaguely tomboy-ish girl I come across but I think she's gorgeous and I do think she can sing, and it's cool that she was so open about being gay.

Alex Parks rocks. So there!

Just felt I had to share that! :p

Picc.
xxx
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I saw her on some programme on bbc, and instantlyu told my friend "I hope that girl wins the competition, just cause she's wearing a Depeche Mode t-shirt". When she later sang Atomic by Blondie, I was like "I told you she was the coolness". Ha ha.
    She is extremely pretty as well. Really fine facial traits.
  • Options
    She would so not get it. Even if she wasn't gay :p
  • Options
    She looks like she's about to cry all the time...
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    she is fantastic. i love her :)
  • Options
    But she CAN'T SING!!!! surely you people aren't all tone deaf and you can hear that!!? Her song is horrid, like a cat being strangled.. :yuck:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Scorpion
    But she CAN'T SING!!!! surely you people aren't all tone deaf and you can hear that!!? Her song is horrid, like a cat being strangled.. :yuck:

i agree, she is quite shit. and i hate her frumpy jeans :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    why does she have to be referred to as a 'lesbian teenager'?
    if she was straight would they refer to her as a 'heterosexual teenager'?
    I know, it's quite annoying.
  • Options
    Re: Alex Parks
    Originally posted by piccolo
    Alex Parks rocks. So there!
    I agree :) I didn't watch fame academy, but I also saw her on TOTP and I love her voice. It's very different. I like that.
  • Options
    Did anyone here Foxxie on Capital a couple of days ago give the press a roasting for always refering prefixing anything that's said about her with "lesbian" .... He properly went into one ......
  • Options
    omg!! i really hate her voice, i think its awful, i cant stand it! :banghead:
    i think she has a pretty face though, tis it. x
  • Options
    Originally posted by CookieMonster
    Did anyone here Foxxie on Capital a couple of days ago give the press a roasting for always refering prefixing anything that's said about her with "lesbian" .... He properly went into one ......
    I didn't, but again he has a point. She shouldn't be totally characterised by the fact she's gay. No one talks about Will Young as "the gay winner of Pop Idol", so why is she "the lesbian winner of Fame Academy"? Grrrrr :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I think she would have a nice voice if she didnt do that thing where she starts on one not then jumps like- " Baby, its all it te-akes". And she looks like a horse's arse in my opinion. I hope does well because it would be interesting to see in this day of Busted/Blue, if someone can score high chart positions without being attractive.
  • Options
    Originally posted by piccolo
    I didn't, but again he has a point. She shouldn't be totally characterised by the fact she's gay. No one talks about Will Young as "the gay winner of Pop Idol", so why is she "the lesbian winner of Fame Academy"? Grrrrr :rolleyes:

Yes they did.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Scorpion

I'm so glad you think so too, i was starting to believe i was the only one :confused:
  • Options
    My little Alex aaagh bless I can't say a bad thing about her.... you'd have to hold a gun to my head - but maybe that's what it takes -
    The inevitable always happens
  • Options
    hmm...i didn't relaise she was gay.
    Her voice is good.....relaly distinctable....but hard to market perhaps.
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonShiner
    Yes they did.
    OK, point conceded.
  • Options
    If you notice, that article is in the "gay rights" section of the website, and the whole article is about the fact she's a cool, young, famous lesbian, so it makes sense to describe her as such.
  • Options
    Her new album is shite. She is totally desecrating the great songs from the past and present.

As a CA fan, her version of 'Beautiful' is totally shite. How DARE she sing that in such a shite style!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

My eyes nearly :eek: when she murdered 'Imagine' by John Lennon. Thank Gooodness he is dead, because he would have had a heart attack at that.

:eek: = Popped out of my head