Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

No more

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Been here a few times now saying shit but now i really decided to give up alcohol in the week. I noticed i was on a downward spiral a few months ago but alcohol fueled evenings stoped me worrying.

For instance ill start on friday where my binge began. Friday 12pm met my mate at pub had 5 pints of stella. Got to train station another 2 botles of becks. TO london to meet my mate another 3 bottles of becks went to her place 2 Cans of tennants super half a bottle of champagne.

Also i had 14 of my oxazepam left i woke up with 3 we got thru all them.

Saturday 9am wake up worst hangover for a long time. can of tennants super each feel a bit better. 12pm leave for pub pub by 1pm 4 pints of stella. leave pub back to brighton took me about 4 hours. took more pills.

Sunday - had to cook dinner so i only had a glass of wine. Then decided to have about 2 bottles of my dads wine and a can of kberg.

So i wasnt sober from 12pm friday tilll Monday morning i know this is like ok every now and then BUT most week days i go out after work with my mate and have like 4 or 5 pints.

ITs strange when i take my pills it seems to make me wanna drink more and i can like drink more very very strange.

Anyway what im saying is last week i was a good boy 1 or 2 pints in the evening as i like a drink then this weekend i had about 5 pints and a bottle of wine from friday > sunday. I feel much better for it.

But basicly its taken me from about BEgining of 2002 to now November 2003 to realise i had a drink problem devoping. I started drinking to forget about my dick head dad moaning all the time like the fact i had a fucking cold for two weeks and he asks why i aint been to work and laughs when i say. horible man wanker no onder he has no mates. anyways. i was like drinking for situations rather than for a good time like going into town fuck all the worry have a few pints in the morning and go in makes it sweet.

IT pulled me in faster than i ever thought everyone said but i didnt think it would . i am realising now which is cool

any way thats my 21yr old story.

BTW i never got adicted to any drugs like i did alcohol. WTF is alcohol legal but not drugs. Alcohol kills loads of people.

Comments

• Options
    Because the government cant make the stuff illegal-would turn the country into chaos. Government would lose loads and loads of money. It should be illegal its as addictive as anything else.

Ive read ur posts before, im glad that youve got more control over the situation now.

Do you think it would be any better if you only drank when you were out and around people, down the pub etc rather than at home? Easiler to keep tabs on yourself then...?
  • Options
    Well, good luck trying to cut down, I know that withdrawl from booze can be hard. It sounds like your home eviroment is making the situation worse, is there any way you could move out, even if you were worse off financialy it might be better for you.
  • Options
    yeh cheers for ur replies i think ur rite its just like doing it in it and in brighton 120 buys u fuck all a week for a flat i tell ya
  • Options
    Originally posted by jamesfowler2k2
    yeh cheers for ur replies i think ur rite its just like doing it in it and in brighton 120 buys u fuck all a week for a flat i tell ya
    james i'd stay home ...might be problems there but hell man lifes expensive. not so bad if you can share with people who you know will cough up the readies every week.
    be careful mate ...you do sound like your prone to the alcoholism.
    the first step is awareness ...you seem to have it.
    all the best james.
  • Options
    im going to morph into a fox and play with the rabits .
  • Options
    Everyone has given me a lot of help here. im really thankful. Im only 21 JUST seems mad but from 18 - now i been through so much. MY dad treats my mum like a **** i mean a real asshole she needs to get out like she knows but needs somewhere to live. I been through the drug stages which i enjoyed really. But its when your doing something to get through life u got a problem. You stop doing it for the hank of it in life u do it to get through. If anyone has anything they wanna talk about to me please email me or msn messenger add me on jamesfowler@ntlworld.com Im happy to talk to anyone.

Take care
  • Options
    I must say you do seem wise before you time as it were, I know what you mean about doing things to get through the day. I'm sure quite a few of us here have done that, its not good.

To be honest my consumption has gone up of late itself, but I'm off for 10 days with the in-laws soon so that will be a rude sobering up!