Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Asda/George

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I went to asda tonight and looked at their "George" fashion range and i must say how brilliant...cheap decent clothes, just what we all need :D

Am i the only person to think this....well worth a look like...Now off to tk maxx on friday on my day off for a lil shop their, im told if you look well you find a great bargain or few :p

hehe

Comments

• Options
    Re: Asda/George
    Originally posted by ®
    I went to asda tonight and looked at their "George" fashion range and i must say how brilliant...cheap decent clothes, just what we all need :D

Am i the only person to think this....well worth a look like...Now off to tk maxx on friday on my day off for a lil shop their, im told if you look well you find a great bargain or few :p

hehe

'look well' being the operative words. ive never bought anything from there because i cant be arsed with jumble sales.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ®

hehe

oooh, right wee bargain hunter you are!! :p

im with tink on tk maxx tho, you really have to rummage to find anything half decent, but if you can be arsed, fair play to ya.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Asda/George
    Originally posted by paperdoll
    oooh, right wee bargain hunter you are!! :p

:p

i thought it was ok though....Like the one where i stay has a decent amount of brand named clothes at affordable prices :lol:

And if you saw the prices here of the stuff the shops sell you'd fall over having a heart attack..this place's prices has rocketed in the last year :eek2:

Anyway i think the george range of clothes arent too bad either...
  • Options
    i think some of George's stuff is cool! and i also like Matalan lol omg i sound sooo cheap! but its good stuff! :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by ®
    asda

People in Glasgow may know of the ASDA in Summerston, Maryhill. It is quite good, but I dont like the staff in Asda, when me and my mates go there at lunchtime, theres a poofy, half-arsed, jumped up excuse for a shelf-stacker that follows us around. Onece, I didnt see him and took a chocolate mouse from the Pick 'N' Mix, he chased us round the shop for that.. Prick.

So Graeme, if you have the internet and see this, YOU'RE A PRICK[/rant]
  • Options
    My local Asda has just had an extension and its MASSIVE now, seels bikes and tv's and everything. The George section is huge, and there is some really nice stuff in there at the moment (some nice coats!). Trouble is, their stuff tends not to fit me too well. Or they only have one size (like, their entire bra range was B cup!)

Great for socks and knickers though!
  • Options
    tk maxx is cool, you can get some nice clothes in there, but its really messy and if you find one thing, chances are they wont have it in another size :rolleyes:

and i probably wouldnt shop at george for fear of the ridicule
  • Options
    supermarket clothes don't fit me very well :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    tk maxx is cool, you can get some nice clothes in there, but its really messy and if you find one thing, chances are they wont have it in another size :rolleyes:

i agree with every word of that:yes:
  • Options

How sad. I couldn't imagine being an adult who is afraid of what people think of what she wears.
  • Options
    Originally posted by xxauroraxx
    How sad. I couldn't imagine being an adult who is afraid of what people think of what she wears.

some of us care how we look sweetie
  • Options
    I bought a suit jacket in there for 12.50 in the sale!

Gonna paint on it now.

I'll show u a pic when ive done it.

If u care that is!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    some of us care how we look sweetie

how snobbish. :rolleyes:

i used to go to stage school with a girl a year older than me; emma berry her name was, she was gorgeous, long brown hair, thin, beautiful eyes, fantastic voice, great performer, she was like the nicest, most fashionable and popular girl id ever met, and only because she was so god damn genuine about everything.

one time she came in with this beautiful old style brown suede knee length coat, with fur around the cuffs and collar. It was a man's coat and she bought it from a charity shop for about £7. And it was the nicest thing i've ever seen.

I wouldnt see anyone as cool as her slagging a place off because it wasnt up to their social standards.

Im quite impressed with George, they do a fantastic maternity range, and have a great shoe department if you dont want to spend a lot of money and just need a pair thats going to go with this one outfit you've bought. I got some pink training trousers from their and it was part of their 'tickled pink' collection, which meant most of what I paid for it went to cancer research.