Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Wild Opium Lettuce

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Recently my friend came across some of this stuff, very cheap too but he says it's uselss and didn't do anything, i haven't smoked it yet.

But what i'm wondering is, is this stuff just another shit legal high, has anyone tried it?

Comments

• Options
    I'm pretty sure its pointless, I'm relatively sure I've had that stuff.
  • Options
    oooooh thats what u were talking about last night! got me baffled!
  • Options
    question
  • Options
    heard of this stuff in the 70's but never tried it. people then said it was much nicer if you ate it just as you went to bed ...very good for dreaming ...i don't know ...
  • Options
    yea i've heard of this stuff being very popular in the 70's in america mostly.

I'll find out first hand tommorow night what this stuff is like, it's free so why not?
  • Options
    well i tried this stuff out, waste of time.

But my dreams were more vivid and could actually remember them even with smoking and drinking and i feel asleep very easily..with the light on too, maybe it does something.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    well i tried this stuff out, waste of time.

But my dreams were more vivid and could actually remember them even with smoking and drinking and i feel asleep very easily..with the light on too, maybe it does something.
    i mentioned this thread to an old hippy mate ...he swears if you eat a shit load and then go to bed ...you will dream like crazy! but then cheese does that for me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i mentioned this thread to an old hippy mate ...he swears if you eat a shit load and then go to bed ...you will dream like crazy! but then cheese does that for me.

Very much off the topic but... it's made me think about opium in the 19th century because I've recently become very interested in that whole area of British history.

Is it true that herion makes you remember memories that you had forgotten from, say, your childhood? I'm reading a Philip Pullman book at the minute and this seems to be the basis of it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tim the Enchanter
    Very much off the topic but... it's made me think about opium in the 19th century because I've recently become very interested in that whole area of British history.

Is it true that herion makes you remember memories that you had forgotten from, say, your childhood? I'm reading a Philip Pullman book at the minute and this seems to be the basis of it.

That's not The Ruby In The Smoke is it? I studied that at school and it had a major opium theme to it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zero II
    That's not The Ruby In The Smoke is it? I studied that at school and it had a major opium theme to it.

Yeh that's the one! Just finished reading it this morning but I've got the other two in the trilogy to go. They're hardly difficult books but I enjoy the subject matter so they keep me entertained.

What did you make of it?
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll

a shit load....would be how much? a good handful or what?

This dosen't look like the type of stuff you would want to eat alot of.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    a shit load....would be how much?
    errr ...didn't think to ask him that!
  • Options
    you know... thinking about it, my mate ordered an oz or something off the net of that stuff. he said after a good few spliffs he noticed an effect. None of the rest of us did at all though.