Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Putting on weight

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

I'm 17 years old and I have been 7.5 stone for the past 3 years wtf is wrong with me, I eat when I should, I have also being going to the gym for the past 7 months and i havnt put on much wieght even through I look quite toned, but my forearms look like twigs.

How do I increase my wieght so it does not damage my body

Comments

• Options
    Hi,
    I'm male
    I'm 5 foot and 4 inchs (1.63/4cm)
    norm. 3 or 4 days of exercise a week ( Gym and karate)
    I have about 4-5 meals a day I dont know how many cal. sorry

cheers for the reply
  • Options
    Can I ask are you a smoker ?
  • Options
    eat more protein i would have thought. and maybe those protein/nutrient shakes you can get. bodybuilders use them to build themselves up. also keep doing the exercise at the gym n karate. hopefully you are building up muscle from them, also do weights.
  • Options
    oh I eat plently of protien,
    I'm on that Pro-Lap stuff

Smoker: only a couple of cigars at a partie and thats about it
  • Options
    Originally posted by NUT_Card
    oh I eat plently of protien,
    I'm on that Pro-Lap stuff

Smoker: only a couple of cigars at a partie and thats about it

hrrrrmmm well everyone has different builds and matabolisms. maybe you should eat more carbs aswell then. if you see your doctor then he/she will be able to better advise you more than we can.
  • Options
    Why dont you go to the gym and ask them what excersise you should be doing ? If you went to the fitness suite they would advise you on diet and tell you what excersizes you need to be doing. Its no good you do say running if you need to be working on your arms to build them up. They will be able to tell you exactly which things you need to be doing.
    Worth a try ?
  • Options
    My God! I would give my arms to be your weight. Im 15 and Im about 11 and a half stone. I wish I was your weight.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RNT
    Do you have a proper weightlifting routine, designed to put on mass rather than definition? Also if you over work then your muscles will actually shrink instead of getting larger.

Stuff your face with carbs/protein and some fatty foods about 5 times a day with a few hours in between each meal. Eating something high in carbs/protein just before you sleep will help as your metabolism is slowed when you're asleep.

I only go to the gym 3 times a week, however I have been quite ill and havnt gone for about 6 days. I work mainly on resistance machines. well this is what I do...

10-15mins of Cardo

full body work out on the resistance machines i.e. shoulder presses, chin ups,etc takes around 40 mins

20 mins cool down i.e Press ups , ab work , butter flys i think there called with dumbells

thats it