Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bloodshot eyes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I woke up this morning after a drinking session last night and I have the most amazingly scarey red eye. It seems to appear everytime I go drinking, i dont even have to drink that much any more. The only other time I used to get it was after a really heavy smoking session, so i''m guessing it's my bodies way of telling me it don't like me. Last weekend I had redeye for 2 1/2 days :eek:

Any ideas how to get rid of it quicker? Or how to stop it appearing in the first place?

Bopz

Comments

• Options
    I have the same problem as you. If I drink spirits (JD, Vodka, etc) I'll get up in the moarning and it will look like I've just smoked an ounce. I never used to get it either and I'm not much of a heavy drinker but sometimes I go a bit OTT.

Bloodshot eyes occurs when the small blood vessels on the surface of the eye (sclera) become inflamed, enlarged, and congested with blood and are a common factor when you have drunk a lot of bevies.

When you get pissed your body dries out (that's when you wake up at 4 in the morning and drink like a horse) and the red eye thing is part of a water deficiency. The best thing to do is drink 2-3 pints of water before you go to bed and make sure you eat something that has vitamin's in it like an orange or apple and also drink more water.

1. Drinking water before you go to bed will stop you from feeling like shit the next day
    2. Should lessen/stop the effect of red eye.
  • Options
    Use eye drops.