Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

o2

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've made a call that started 6.56pm. Now on my contract i get 500 mins off peak calls a month free. Trouble is they only start at 7pm and I'm being charged for the whole phone call because it started 4 mins prior....can they do that or should I only be paying for the 4 mins that weren't off peak?

Comments

• Options
    i think you might just get charged for the 4 mins, but im not sure.
    x
  • Options
    I think they can charge full charge for it, not 100% tho.
  • Options
    Um, read the small print to be sure, but my understanding of it is that you do have to pay for the whole call if you start it before 7. I always hang up on people if I'm on the phone before 7 and call them back again, because I thought I needed to start a new call.

Could just be being overly careful though, so don't quote me!
  • Options
    bugger. Can't find anything in the small print about it...ut then I aint good at looking at things online.

I thought I had started it afterwards though or I'd never have made the call...it was only to my mum for a chat, nothing important...all 47 mins of a call. Argh!
  • Options
    Yeah you probably have to pay for it. Check your online bill or ring them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    Yeah you probably have to pay for it. Check your online bill or ring them.

online bill says I do....I just can't afford the £12+ was hoping i could argue it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Groovaybaby*
    Your chances are low hunnie

:crying: nooo don't wanna. lol!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kazbo
    online bill says I do....I just can't afford the £12+ was hoping i could argue it.

Just mention the name o2 and their customers laugh these days, they are a joke...up the prices and still lose call quality.....

In relation to your question if it states that your free minutes start after 7pm then you must pay the full price for any calls prior to this time....Pain i know but theres nothin you can do to contest it as far as i was aware..could be wrong mind....
  • Options
    Originally posted by ®
    Just mention the name o2 and their customers laugh these days, they are a joke...up the prices and still lose call quality.....

In relation to your question if it states that your free minutes start after 7pm then you must pay the full price for any calls prior to this time....Pain i know but theres nothin you can do to contest it as far as i was aware..could be wrong mind....

They are a joke and their customer service stinks...nly with em for the texts....wish I was on orange though now :(

bugger, so no chance that free minutes cut in at 7pm cos it turns to off peak time then?
  • Options
    the way calls are done is not like 6:56 - 7:39 or whatever, but actually has call start @ 6:56; call duration etc etc

so they just look at the time the call started, whether it was offpeak/onpeak or in offer times, and then multiply the call duration by the relevant rate. simply put; it's easier for them to bill this way.

i think that's how it works anyway :confused:
  • Options
    thats crap!
  • Options
    Yeah, you'll end up paying the whole lot.

O2 are shit because my phone is still not here. :| Now I have to wait until monday.
  • Options
    Re: o2
    Originally posted by Kazbo
    I've made a call that started 6.56pm. Now on my contract i get 500 mins off peak calls a month free. Trouble is they only start at 7pm and I'm being charged for the whole phone call because it started 4 mins prior....can they do that or should I only be paying for the 4 mins that weren't off peak?

What I want to know is what was so important you couldn't have waited 4 minutes for??

One2One used to have free local calls and they told me if you are in Lodnon and make a local call you can drive to scotland if you want and the call will still be free and considered a local call as long as you don't get disconnected. So when and where you start your call is very important. T-Mobile off peak starts at 6pm which is very handy.
  • Options
    Re: Re: o2
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    What I want to know is what was so important you couldn't have waited 4 minutes for??

Nothing at all thats the annoying thing...I just forgot it wasn't 7pm, my mum had called me earlier when I'd been busy and I was calling her back so I didn't think.