Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Headaches

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For the past few days I have been getting frequent bad headaches. They normally start around 11.30am or 5pm. They last quite a few hours, and the only way to get rid of them is by sleeping. But I cant sleep when I'm at work (in a cafe) so I have to put up with it. I have a good sleeping pattern and healthy diet, so doubt if its anything to do with them. And I'm barely on the computer or watch tv, so it cant be eye strain either. I'm also not stressed about anything.

I used to get a lot of headaches early/mid this year, usually when I was at work somewhere else (also in a cafe) and I thought it may have been down to stressy work or caffiene.

Right now, its not either of them. I've kept a log of my headaches. I take paracetal but they never work.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Erm, I get headaches a lot too, I went to the doctors (that wonderful establishment of Great Notley Green, Braintree) and they gave me migraine pills that made me sleep for hours on end, and made it worse. I stopped taking them. I then was put on vitamins, and they do work, I've kinda broken the habit of taking them now but since I've been taking them (about 4-5 months I think) there was a noticable improvement and they aren't as bad as they used to be even now I've stopped taking them (btw I also found that paracetamol didn't work)
  • Options
    Mb have an eye test i got headaches an then went an had my eyes tested an found i needed glasses an they seemed to stop after that.
  • Options
    I had the same problem and I went to the doctors and was told to keep a dairy for a month to see the pattern of my headaches and was told to come back after a month. I didn't go back though coz they had stopped by themselfs.

But perhaps you should have an eye test or they could be set off by stress of what you eat coz i know chocolate can cause headaches.
  • Options
    Have you tried drinking lots of water? 8+ glasses a day. And try to cut out sugary foods and caffeine from your diet too, because too much caffeine and sugar can cause headaches. :)
  • Options
    *deleted image
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies peeps.

*x*l'il miss socks*x* - I take vitimin C tablets daily. I also have to take iron tablets but it says nothing on the leaflet about headaches, just stomach upsets etc. I'm on the pill, but doubt if thats given me headaches.

angel1886 - Yes, I will think about that one. It could help. But I dont have any money for glasses. lol. Typical.

Fish_Socks_1 - Yes I do drink a lot of water. I have been keeping a log of my headaches. I dont have lots of caffiene/sugar or chocolate so it won't be that.

james_lacey10 - Yeah, thanks for that..... I'm looking for advice, not stupid pictures! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Paracetamol doesnt really work for pain in my opinion. It works well for a fever but not for pain.

Ibruprofen works on pain, but its not all that strong by itself. 2 X 200mg of it mixed with 300mg Asprin works well for a headache but is quite hard on the stomach.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Paracetamol doesnt really work for pain in my opinion. It works well for a fever but not for pain.

Ibruprofen works on pain, but its not all that strong by itself. 2 X 200mg of it mixed with 300mg Asprin works well for a headache but is quite hard on the stomach.

Yep, been taking that as well, but still doesnt work.
  • Options
    Codine can be quite effective, but you dont really want to take lots of that in one go.

However you could take Nurofen Plus and paracetamol with codine at the same time. My wife does that every now and then and it seems to work.