Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Its a crime

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I heard that theyre closing down the Sanctuary at some point to make way for a bloody football stadium.....

for fucks sake.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Another classic club bites the dust ... *sighs* :(
  • Options
    The Milton Keynes or the errr...other one!?

:(
  • Options
    The one in milton keyes...

being closed for WIMBLEDONS new stadium :rolleyes:

:(
  • Options
    I wouldnt fear that much to be honest, I heard one of the people from the club on Radio Four last night and he said that the club probably wouldnt last that much into the new year.

They are in a totaly crap situation, massively in debt and very close to being bankcrupt. Unless they get new backers, which given as the original ones have run away is unlikely, I'd say they wont be building a new place at all.

But surely if you are going to morn the loss of anywhere it should be the Castlefield Studios down the old kent road. Ahhh Future Dance, its a shame you were really badly managed and got your owners into a shit load of debt.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I wouldnt fear that much to be honest,

:eek2: why not fear it? im dreading it! its a great venue, cant think of a single person who hasnt left the place raving about it--i can actually think of two people, but they spend the whole night at a rave sittiing on a chanir in a corner, so their opinion is worthless ;)

RIP Sanctuary...
  • Options
    I just mean that from what I heard from Wilbledons management they wont be building a new stadium. I mean obivously I havent heard what you have, but as I said they are very very close to bankcruptcy.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I just mean that from what I heard from Wilbledons management they wont be building a new stadium. I mean obivously I havent heard what you have, but as I said they are very very close to bankcruptcy.

muhahahahahaha

mind you, if the land was going to go anyway, there must be reasons, im sure theyll still sell the land for something else. Possibly.
  • Options
    NO NO NO NO! please tell you're not serious! Whats gonna happen to all the SV promotions? (Hardcore Heaven @ the fridge all the time? no ta!)

Really hope this doesnt happen.
  • Options
    Theres SE1 (The Drome), thats a top venue and bloody huge.
  • Options
    seOne is top london venue by far, i love it there.. Sanctuary does beat it-best national venue IMO (but i havent been to more than a handfull of national venues so dont quote me)