Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

matrix revolutions

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
yay yay :lol:

Im off to see the matrix revolutions, i gots my hands on a free ticket, and its for in the premier seats to with a free drink :D:D

hehe me and mates see it at 8.20pm

Its gunna rock, so much :D

well have a good bonfire night people ;)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I'd ask for a spoiler, but I dont think it would be appreciated much, and you probably wouldnt be able to give us one anyway!
  • Options
    FUCK, i was sposed to go see that with my mates about 5 mins ago.

*sighs*

Now i won't have anyone to go see it with. I reckon it'll be dodgy tho
  • Options
    :Dit was goooooood :D Sadly though i felt the ending let it down.....

I'l more than likely go and see it again in the next few weeks with another mate so i'll mate and see:p
  • Options
    The Matrix Reloaded was bad enough! Turned what was an interesting project into weird, complicated crap which sinks up it's own bottom.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ®
    :Dit was goooooood :D Sadly though i felt the ending let it down.....

I'l more than likely go and see it again in the next few weeks with another mate so i'll mate and see:p

Gotta agree with you there .... I thought the ending was a bit of a cop out ..... but on the whole I liked the movie .....

Reckon a repeat viewing is most definitley called for though ....
  • Options
    Originally posted by Neil
    The Matrix Reloaded was bad enough! Turned what was an interesting project into weird, complicated crap which sinks up it's own bottom.

Gotta agree mate. I felt kinda cheated with Reloaded. I was expecting the same kinda amazement from the first to be carried over but it just felt rather, erm, flat. It has almost spoilt my love of the first film. :(

Hoping Revolutions will be better :)
  • Options
    I'm afraid I have to agree with the comments of a few people. The matrix Revolutions could have been so much more than it was, such a shame :no:

If you're looking for an action film, that's the film to see, but if you're looking for something deep with ass-kicking graphics and a very clever stort (like a potential sequel to The Matrix), then you've got to look elsewhere. Real shame, in my opinion.

However, it was a good film, and I would go and see it again :thumb:
  • Options
    I was completely offended when I saw The Matrix Reloaded.
    The Matrix was and still is one of the best and most original movies ever made. However, Reloaded completely ruined the intense storyline, the intense imagary and replaced it with really awful CGI Neo's and Agent Smiths. The animation was dreadfully poor, and the storyline was shot to pieces.

The Third, I do not know. I haven't watched it, and don't particularly feel the need to. I might catch it at BlockBusters when it comes out, but I certainly won't be investing any money in any more of the matrix films.

But that's just my opinion... Ilora x
  • Options
    To be honest I wasnt even that impressed with the first one, yes the graphics and the stunts were good, but all that faux philosophy just got on my tits. It seemed forced and made no sense anyway.

And the second was just plain rubbish.
  • Options
    I get what your all saying bout the matrix....personally i liked the matrix...LOVED reloaded and thought revolutions to be a big let down....spesh the end thats SO not how i thought it would end big let down
  • Options
    i saw it on wed afternoon, thort it was an amzing film, bit sad tho, and the ending was werid. but other then that i was very impressed, loved it:)
  • Options
    Saw it last night. I can take it or leave it - it's a good film, plenty of special effects and big action set pieces, but you just don't *care*. There are moments in the film when things happen and you think "my god, I should be absolutely torn apart by this". But you're not.

Still, it's worth going along just to oggle at Monica Belluci. *drools*
  • Options
    First one I didn't like that much until I'd seen reloaded, Reloaded was absolutely brilliant...can't beat it in my eye's, but it depends how you go to see it. First time I watched it I didn't think much to it, but I've seen it about 10-15 times since and can't get enough of it...it's one of those films I can watch and see something new in it every time.

Not seen Revolutions yet but can't wait to go. might try and get there tonight but meant to be going out clubbing, have to see if I can get out of that one.
  • Options
    most of the comments i have heard have been negative, surely it cannot be that bad..................
  • Options
    Originally posted by leeseylicious
    most of the comments i have heard have been negative, surely it cannot be that bad..................

It's a fine film, but tbh I thought that the original was better and would have prefered this to live up to it. Sadly this one looks more like a cheap cash in than a really thought out film.

There's lots of fancy effects and stuff, but the dialogue is limited and much of what there is is more pseudo - religious mumbo jumbo that I hoped we'd see less of but actually somewhat drowns this film.

As pure entertainment though you can't go wrong.
  • Options
    I thought the first film was utterly brilliant, but both sequels have been poorly thought-out let-downs. They should have just left it with the first film. Its not the first time film-makers have tried to cash in on a great film with a crap sequel.

For instance, Speed was great, but Speed 2 was a bag of shite. The first Die hard film rocked but each sequel just got worse.
  • Options
    Why does no one like this film?????????? I must be the only person who actually liked it O_o You don't know if Neo really does die, the sentinels VS the A.P.U's was fucking brilliant, the super brawl was even better and since the matrix gets reloaded at the end who knows if any of the humans end up being free at all what better form of control then letting them believe they are free oh and i've got my own theories on why it ended the way it did O_o
  • Options
    Worth going to see but not the best ending, brilliant fighting scences, good film.
  • Options
    since the matrix gets reloaded at the end who knows if any of the humans end up being free at all what better form of control then letting them believe they are free oh and i've got my own theories on why it ended the way it did

Because that is a cop-out ending letting the audience choose.

It's like "aww we can't really be bothered, so we'll just let them wonder if the cycle has restarted or if it's carrying on".

I agree the fights were quite impressive though. Especially when he punches through the rain drops. Oh yes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    Because that is a cop-out ending letting the audience choose.

It's like "aww we can't really be bothered, so we'll just let them wonder if the cycle has restarted or if it's carrying on".

I agree the fights were quite impressive though. Especially when he punches through the rain drops. Oh yes.

Hmmmmmmm i don't think it was "We can't be bothered" more like they tried to have an ending to make everyone keep wonderig, but yes it does just seem like they couldn't be arsed O_o one thing i don't get is since the machines needed Neo to get rid of Smith, which he did, why not just destroy Zion after anyway?????
  • Options
    Have just finished watching Reloaded for the first time and I LOVED it! How is it crap? It deepens and fleshes out the world of the Matrix.
  • Options
    I agree on the fact that Revoluotions wasn't as well thought out as the original, but when i saw it i thought they had simply left it open for another movie, which as it happens is apperntly true as there have been plans on making a fourth instalment, The Matrix Forever. What i dont get though is how Neo is able to stop the sentinels etc in the real world? Its the only part I didnt really get, aswell as all the jargon the architect used in Reloaded the first time round (anyone else think that was crap?)

So what y'all think the plot will be for Forever then? If the past two are anything to go by, it wont be anywhere near as good as the original, but in there own rights they were awesome movies and i believe this one will be too, but i dont see what could happen, i have a few ideas actually but dont wanna give the plot away to those who havent seen Revoluotions yet.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Quicksilver
    What i dont get though is how Neo is able to stop the sentinels etc in the real world?
    My thoughts are - if Neo can alter the "reality" of The Matrix, and he can now alter "reality" in the "real world", then the "real world" must also be a computer generated reality - a program to contain those minds that can't accept the programmed reality of The Matrix. The "real world", and Zion, are just another form of Matrix. That would make sense.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by leeseylicious

Revolutions is one of the worst films I have ever had trhe misfortune to sit through.

Its OK until the last 20 minutes, then you get the feeling that the wachowksi brothers thought "stuff it, lets go down the pub".
    The ending is simply there to act as a feeder to Matrix IV.

Its dreadful, the reviewers were right. Though up until the last 20 minutes, the "gripping" "climax", it wasnt that bad a film. Youll probably think the same.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    My thoughts are - if Neo can alter the "reality" of The Matrix, and he can now alter "reality" in the "real world", then the "real world" must also be a computer generated reality - a program to contain those minds that can't accept the programmed reality of The Matrix. The "real world", and Zion, are just another form of Matrix. That would make sense.

Mr_Wobble ;)

The oracle says that the ones powers go past the matrix and can be used outside of it and since Neo is the systematic anomally (Or however you spell it) any machine that comes close to him could basically have a system crash orrrrrrrrrr maybe not O_o
  • Options
    Absolute bag of shite.
  • Options
    The whole Matrix concept doesnt work anyway, why are they fighting to get out of it? What so they can live on a planet thats totaly desimated? Or live in a hole in the ground? WHY?!

Granted its not quite real, but its a whole lot better than just dying of starvation.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    The whole Matrix concept doesnt work anyway, why are they fighting to get out of it? What so they can live on a planet thats totaly desimated? Or live in a hole in the ground? WHY?!

Granted its not quite real, but its a whole lot better than just dying of starvation.
    This was one of the issues raised in the first film, and why Cipher betrayed them. I think most people would agree that they would tryly want to be in control of their own destiny. Make their own decisions, and have it all to be real, not fake.
    However, a good argument for The Matrix is that as the inhabitants of The Matrix are oblivious to their prediciment, and it feels as real as living in the real world, then it's a reality of sorts, and therefore as valid as any other reality. The argument goes much deeper, but I can see that argument. Personally, even if it did mean living in a decimated world that was the real world, I'd rather do that.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    The robot fighting made it look too much like Terminator.
    I suppose they had to do this though as that was the 'real world' and not the matrix. I agree with leeseylicious
    about Neo being able to have powers in the 'real world' it just makes the idea of him being special in the actual 'matrix' pointless, that pissed me off!