Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Prog rock

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
The oddest thing me Eastern-European guy have experienced in NZ is that almost nobody here is aware of Porcupine Tree. But I am bloody sure Steve Wilson is the best British musician. Maybe there are fans of PT here on the board? And maybe fans of Dream Theater, SymphonyX, Fates Warning, this kind of stuff… I just want to understand what you Brits are like.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Prog rock
    Originally posted by LabRat
    The oddest thing me Eastern-European guy have experienced in NZ is that almost nobody here is aware of Porcupine Tree. But I am bloody sure Steve Wilson is the best British musician. Maybe there are fans of PT here on the board? And maybe fans of Dream Theater, SymphonyX, Fates Warning, this kind of stuff… I just want to understand what you Brits are like.

I've got two friends who like Dream Theatre. I haven't heard of the other bands you mnetions but I'll ask about them.

Not really my kind of music and, as far as I know, not overly popular in general but of course someone always likes those kinds of bands.
  • Options
    Only have bad associations with those bands. Not cause of the music as Dream Theater are indeed great. But more cause of the people who are familiar to me that listen to those bands.
  • Options
    i like dream theatre, glass prison is an awesome song :thumb:
  • Options
    i luv PT :heart: i think they are touring here soon! (australia)
    Dream theater are also quite good but in my opinion not as good as pt.

I spose nz is a bit erm...country, compared to other places, but i do know a couple of people there that know pt and the like. You obviously are looking in the wrong place :p
  • Options
    Rock music should be banned.
  • Options
    now you really don't mean that do you
  • Options
    Originally posted by fugue
    now you really don't mean that do you

:yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite

surely you jest

ooh right, i remeber some of your other posts, i get it now. mmm...
  • Options
    nah, chessy bollocks like tatu, and atomic kitten should be banned and all prissy popstars should be burnt at the stake :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by sprocket
    nah, chessy bollocks like tatu, and atomic kitten should be banned and all prissy popstars should be burnt at the stake :p

• Options
    Originally posted by sprocket

hmm....i do kinda agree, but then who would i rip on?
  • Options
    Originally posted by fugue
    hmm....i do kinda agree, but then who would i rip on?

hmm a valid point there fugue
  • Options
    I'm a fan of Dream Theater...

I just love how some brits are still compelled to spell Theater as Theatre.. although their name is DREAM THEATER!!

lol.. Ilora x
  • Options
    It’s nice to meet fans of PT and DT here. You brits are not so hopeless I thought
    ;)

I also like some oldies of 70’s like Yes and E,L&P. And the guy named Klaus Schultze.
    (Who should be banned definitely it is Britney. Not for an absence of taste only but also for her foolishness. Her words: “Honestly I think we should just trust our president in every decision he makes and should just support that, you know, and be faithful in what happens” She deserves a medal ‘Honoured Sheep of America‘.)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Only have bad associations with those bands. Not cause of the music as Dream Theater are indeed great. But more cause of the people who are familiar to me that listen to those bands.
    Well screw you too. :p