Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

ages

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
just out of curiousty... i can't spell today...but anyways, what are the ages for certian things over there? like buying cigarettes and alcohol and clubing and so forth?

Comments

• Options
    -to buy cigarettes you have to be 16

-to buy alcohol it is 18 (you can drink it at the age of 5 if your in a private place/company)

-To drive its 17

-to go clubbing in the clubs i know its either 18/21 depends on the club..but many of them do under 18or 16 nights.. but it varys over there uk..
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    its 17

*Feels stupid* ..sorry ill correct my error..not with it arm..blah...
  • Options
    the driving age keeps chaging all the time

No, it doesn't.
    It's been 17 for yonks.

Duh. I'm slow.
    And that 'it's changing to 18' is bollocks. But still about 4 times a year we get someone asking. Bleeeeeeee.
  • Options
    And once again ....

Duh. I'm slow.

Every so often there will be someone that says its changed to 18.. hence why I said its changed every year since I was 12
    And that 'it's changing to 18' is bollocks. But still about 4 times a year we get someone asking. Bleeeeeeee.

That was really pointless and doesn't actually make much sense but I don't want to do my history homework so eff it.
  • Options
    And now you've deleted your post!

*wails*

I'll stop posting now.
  • Options
    driving age: 16, but since the new law is in affect, you have to have your permit 6 months and 50 hours of practice time before you can get your license if your 16 and 17. if you wait and get it when your 18 or older, you only have to wait a month.

buying cigarettes-18

buying and drinking alcohol-21(exception, about 2 or 3 states are still 18 years of age to be able to drink, in the US)

bar/clubs-look at the answer for alcohol
  • Options
    I know that none of you prolly care, but here's the ages for Iceyland:

Drive: 17
    Alcohol: 20

Everything else is 18. :cool:
  • Options
    Driving has been 17 for yonks Rachie.
    However, you can drive at 16 if you have a dissability that means it would be extremely useful to have a car. I know that because of a cousin who's dissabled.
    Oh, and it's 16 for riding motorbikes and mopeds up to 50cc. Not sure about other bike sizes & ages though.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by ®
    in scotland you have to be 18 to sit your actual driving test now......But you can take lessons when your 17..... :)
    erm, no you dont :eek2:
  • Options
    I wouldn't think that Scotland would have completely different laws regarding when you can start driving? :confused: