Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Completely hypothetical 'regime change'

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If we (in whatever country you live in) were invaded by a foreign country, who just wanted to control our country etc, would you sit by and not get hurt, or take up militia resistance. Assume the military has failed and they're in your town, settin up kerfews and whatnot.

I'm not sure what I would do... :confused: I mean at first I would think all resistancy but then when you see them with their machine guns, body armor and armored vehicles id probably get shit scared.

And this is completely hypothetical btw I'm not arranging any such regime change :p

Comments

• Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner

And this is completely hypothetical btw I'm not arranging any such regime change :p

And there was me panicking.

I'd probably go hide under the duvet until they sorted it all out. Can't be doing with any of this military whatnot.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Smash
    And there was me panicking.

I'd probably go hide under the duvet until they sorted it all out. Can't be doing with any of this military whatnot.

I reckon all the university student would come up with some brilliant plan. Like, chemicals in the watyer that attack only French people :hyper:
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    I reckon all the university student would come up with some brilliant plan. Like, chemicals in the watyer that attack only French people :hyper:

I think they'd all be watching Kilroy. :yeees:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Smash
    I think they'd all be watching Kilroy. :yeees:

I like Kilroy.
  • Options
    Well, to be brutally honest, you've done a pretty good job of embracing the change in regime over the last six years.
  • Options
    iraq_fuckiraq.jpg
  • Options
    Originally posted by Turtle
    Well, to be brutally honest, you've done a pretty good job of embracing the change in regime over the last six years.

Bliar?

Anyway, in some military invasion jobby...I'd drink wine and listen to heavy music.
    I'd also drink beer and eat food.

I'd get protective clothing so I could go to the pub.

:yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by bad seed

I'd get protective clothing so I could go to the pub.

:yes:
    thats what we do here already ...
  • Options
    I doubt I'd fight for my country... I'd just bugger off and run a farm and grow my own food and have chickens. Who's joining me?
  • Options
    I'd get the Quad damage and camp beside the rail gun :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    I'd get the Quad damage and camp beside the rail gun :yes:

:thumb:

heheheh
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    I doubt I'd fight for my country... I'd just bugger off and run a farm and grow my own food and have chickens. Who's joining me?

only if one of the chickens can be my pet:hyper:
  • Options
    Heh, I've just watched Seven Years In Tibet so its on my mind ATM.

In the film the foreign minister (or whoever he is) lets the Chinese take over instead of fighting them. If i was in that position, I'd probably fight to the last man - but I never will be, so its academic really.
  • Options
    id get a team of whores to seduce them til they gave me my town back
  • Options
    slap em with a leather glove and challenge them to a dual.

or maybe have a super tournament of games. it would go in this order
    • cleudo
    • battleships
    • twister
    • hungy hippos

if that was a draw it would be a simple decider by going to alton towers, to see who can hold their hands the highest on the oblivion.

and that my friends is what i would do if i was in power :D
  • Options
    As far as I'm concerned, if you saw the invaders as just that, instead of being "liberators" as they would no doubt claim, than it would be your duty to oppose them or just plain kill them if the occasion presented itself.

Not anyone would be required to fight of course, but civil disobedience should at least be carried. And certainly no collaboration whatsoever with the invader.

The occupying forces would try to label you a 'terrorist', a term used all too often these days. But you wouldn't be one. You would simply be fighting the enemy of your country.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    You would simply be fighting the enemy of your country.

Like the ICRC? ;)

I guess it depends on the invader, and why we were being invaded.

If we were living under a totalitarian regime (we're getting there) then I would probably help the invaders. If I was free and the invasion would bring oppression, then I'd like to think that I would stand and fight.
  • Options
    And if the invasion only had the intention of replacing one puppet regime (with "trappings" of democratic legitimacy as was the case with the Baathist Regime)?

Would you have any greater faith in the latest claims of the invaders than any other example of their geo-political manipulations in the past?

As much as I detest war as a means of conflict resolution I would surely fight against any invasion of my homeland and would undoubtedly be labelled (along with all other resistance fighters) by the invading nation as "terrorists".

Thus my annoyance with our Western media which continues to pander to our governments' illegal conquest by painting our soldiers as heros and those fighting against our occupation as "terrorists". A very different tune would be playing, I have little doubt, if it were we ourselves on the receiving end.

Given the myopia of our continuing military ventures, don't be surprised when this "hypothetical" indeed becomes reality.