Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

advent calendars

littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
did anyone ever make any of these at school?? and if so, how did you do it??

cheers :)

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: advent calendars
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    did anyone ever make any of these at school?? and if so, how did you do it??

cheers :)

:no: i always buy them, with the choccies in :yum:... maybe am getin a bit old for it now though ;)
  • Options
    Re: Re: advent calendars
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    :no: i always buy them, with the choccies in :yum:... maybe am getin a bit old for it now though ;)

no one is ever too old for advent calendars!!!
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: advent calendars
    no one is ever too old for advent calendars!!!

yey! :D
  • Options
    You just draw squares and put pictures in them, then cover it over with anohter piece of card with squares in the same places and cut doors into the top piece.

Yarr.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    You just draw squares and put pictures in them, then cover it over with anohter piece of card with squares in the same places and cut doors into the top piece.

Yarr.

that just seems a bit boring tbh. its for a lesson with a P7 class and i want them to do something interesting. but i dont know what exactly.
  • Options
    that just seems a bit boring tbh. its for a lesson with a P7 class and i want them to do something interesting. but i dont know what exactly.

You could find an old advent calendar, get the plastic chocolate holder out of it, melt some cooking chocolate, pour it into the moulds and leave it in the freezer for 15 mins or something like that :p

If you're allowed to do cooking I think that would be really cool.
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    You could find an old advent calendar, get the plastic chocolate holder out of it, melt some cooking chocolate, pour it into the moulds and leave it in the freezer for 15 mins or something like that :p

If you're allowed to do cooking I think that would be really cool.

that sounds like a good idea. cheers :)

any other ideas would be welcome too!!
  • Options
    What about getting some cardboard and cut it into the shape of a christmas tree. Get matchsticks or something similar and push them through the cardboard and stick down with selotape (strong selotape not naff stuff). Just dot the sticks around till you have 25. Wrap a sweet up in 24 of them using crepe paper, foiled paper or something like that basically making a little present, then for the Christmas Day one wrap maybe a keyring or very light McDonalds toy or something up, (make sure you tie the top of the sweet/present with thinish string so you can hang them up). Then when you have wrapped them all up put the dates on them and hang them from the tree.
    hey presto you have a brilliant advent calender :D
  • Options
    good idea becky!! :D i like that that one. i also like the chocolate idea, but then i am a chocoholic, but then who isnt?