Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Rock Disocs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
are there any discos out there that play rock music only, i mean proper discos with lights and dancefloor, not a wee hall rockers occasionally use
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Yep.

No point telling you which though since the only ones I know are in Glasgow :p

Proper dance clubs are far better than rock clubs anyway.
  • Options
    Yeah, I know of one such dirty but extremely loud place in Bradford.
    It's called the Rio and has a website here http://www.bradfordrio.com/

I'm not sure if it exclusively plays rock, but whenever I've been there it has done. Well, metal, really.
  • Options
    Hush Monday Night.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Hush Monday Night.

Where's Hush?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tim the Enchanter
    Where's Hush?

Newry

hushnewry.com
  • Options
    Theres the KrazyHouse in liverpool. Normally 2 floors of rock and one of cheesy stuff. It varies, but thats the usual get up. http://www.thekrazyhouse.co.uk/

And one in Halifax called The Zoo Bar, and one in Huddersfield aswell i think, but the name escapes me.

Not much use though, cos there not really near you... but they do exist.
  • Options
    Subsonic in Maidstone at the loft on Fridays and at the Manor Club Chatham on Saturdays if you are anywhere near the South East.. subsonic Also there are quite a few clubs in the London area that play alternative music, some have live bands and some don't. The Cartoon Club in Croydon is pretty good and I'm sure there was a Kerrang club @ Sound in London at some point but I'm not sure if that is around anymore.
  • Options
    Yeah, I know of one such dirty but extremely loud place in Bradford. It's called the Rio and has a website here http://www.bradfordrio.com/

Hehehehe - I have played there a few times... Headlined with another couple of bands as support. Sweet as...

It is pretty much exclusively rock, apart from the little side room which does some weird dark techno shit...

God I am glad I haven't been there in years...

Worth a laugh though if you are with a good crowd!
  • Options
    Re: Rock Disocs
    Originally posted by turlough
    are there any discos out there that play rock music only, i mean proper discos with lights and dancefloor, not a wee hall rockers occasionally use

Get thee to Belfast - the Venue is rawk. Never been, but I know it's rawk.
  • Options
    get yo asses to the legendary TJ's in the fair city of Newport. knows it!
  • Options
    there must be somewhere in London? Anyone got any ideas?
  • Options
    well i gotta say iv never heard of a disco round here that plays rock which is a bit crap really!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    The Camden Palace in, well Camden (north london) does a rock night on, ermm tuesday I think with a live band and that. Its a good venue too, quite large.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    The Camden Palace in, well Camden (north london) does a rock night on, ermm tuesday I think with a live band and that. Its a good venue too, quite large.

:yes: called Feet First.. i think?!! or was that the name of an event at another club?! ooh baffled... :chin:
  • Options
    I think there's one down in Tottenham Crt. Rd. called the Borderline. You can easily dance to AC/DC and the Darkness...

Anyone been there? What was it like? I might go during these hols.

On Monday, it's HipHop/Metal. On tuesday it's Poodle Rock...i forgot the rest.
  • Options
    where in tottenham court rd??? coz i live like rite next to TCR and wonder where these clubs r coz drumn bass and hiphop aintmy sorta fing
  • Options
    Originally posted by LonDoNErcHriS85
    where in tottenham court rd??? coz i live like rite next to TCR and wonder where these clubs r coz drumn bass and hiphop aintmy sorta fing

So you're at UCL/Imperial halls right?

www.borderline.com There's a flyer for Kernel(kennel???) club on tuesday nights at UCL union.

That's all i know, but i havent been.