Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Wenger makes "diver" accusation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Damn near fell off my chair laughing at this: Story

Apparently, the difference between yesterday and the Portsmouth game is that Pires was "touched".

I'd say Wenger is too :lol:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    :lol:
    Does anyone take anything he says seriously anymore?
  • Options
    Originally posted by godscop
    :lol:
    Does anyone take anything he says seriously anymore?
    I agree that what he has said is bullshit, what goes around comes around and throughout the season more than likely the bad decisons will weigh out equal to the decisions you shouldn't have got.

But both you Godscop and MoK say Ronaldo doesn't dive and if I'm right MoK you say it isn't a contact sport so if all this is true then what Wenger said is completely correct so me thinks theres a bit of contradiction going :) or are you both so far up Man U and Fergusons arse that you can only see wrong in what other managers/teams say and do? :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    I agree that what he has said is bullshit, what goes around comes around and throughout the season more than likely the bad decisons will weigh out equal to the decisions you shouldn't have got.

But both you Godscop and MoK say Ronaldo doesn't dive and if I'm right MoK you say it isn't a contact sport so if all this is true then what Wenger said is completely correct so me thinks theres a bit of contradiction going :) or are you both so far up Man U and Fergusons arse that you can only see wrong in what other managers/teams say and do? :p

I haven't seen the incident that Wenger is refering to here, but the fact that he has the neck to say things like this is hilarious.

Ferguson has faults but he doesn't have this 'I didn't see the incident' line and he has the ability to lose with a bit of grace, publicly at least. Wenger is a total wanker, his players are little versions of him.

I think Gordan Strachan said it all on Saturday when he was asked about a sending off. He said "I'm doing an Arsene Wenger here. I did not see it. But I saw the beautiful goals." :lol:
  • Options
    I agree with what you are saying. I just think you and MoK have double standards and different rules for Man U. Like the "it isn't a contact sport", if you believe this then what Wenger says isn't bullshit at all because with Pires there was contact and the Arsenal incident on Sunday there was no contact. Both IMO were dives and NOT penalties.
  • Options
    It is a contact sport, but theres a difference between intenionally kicking someone over and attempting to get the ball.

I am happy to concede that last week neither of the challanges on Ronaldo were penaltys, however there was contact.

Its very hard to judge if there is contact between two players and one goes down. The only person who really knows is the player himself.

I am a fully paid up member of the Fergie/Red is Right brigade and I walk around with red tinted specs on most of the time so you may have a point about double standards, I don't think Im that bad though. I know some of our players have dived in the past but I think people are very quick to judge when it involves a United player.

When Wenger first started to get vision problems I thought he was taking the piss, but as times gone on and hes used it more and more I am starting to think he believes this stuff.
  • Options
    I agree with what you are saying. I just think you and MoK have double standards and different rules for Man U.

Since when? Did I say that Ronaldo doesn;t make a meal of tackles - no. Did I say that the contact may have been enough to bring him down anyway - yes. There is a difference.

I think that both Dunn and the Greek bolton player may have something to say here too. Both made a meal of the tackle and were booked for it, yet both were actually fouled.
    Like the "it isn't a contact sport",

Rugby is a contact sport, boxing is a contact sport.

The objective of football is to take the ball without touching the opposing player first. That is why I said that it isn't a contact sport. If you have to go through the opponent to get to the ball then you have comitted a foul, according to the laws of the game.

I refer you back to the Bolton-Birmingham game for the same examples I used above. Two playes booked, both fouled because of contact.

Oh, and that makes no difference if it is Keane making the tackle of Vieira.
    because with Pires there was contact

Indeed there was. Pires kicked at the Portsmouth player, and then fell over. So not only did he "dive" but he also comiitted a foul in the process.
  • Options
    Wenger seems to be oblivious to the whole thing, incredibly. Despite the "I didn't see the incident" phrase becoming part of the English football folklore, he's still happy to utter it at any given chance and keep a straight face!

But then most successful managers pick up habits and develop bias obvious to everyone but themselves.

Ferguson is famous for kicking a fuss when the referee blows the final whistle if United happens to be losing- often despite having had an extremely generous injury time already. I remember once the ref finally blew the whistle in the 97th minute, after the growing desperation of the other team and the amazement of everyone watching. Incredibly, Ferguson protested that the injury time given had been too short!
  • Options
    There is always 3 minutes of added time anyway, if there has been an injury then surely that should be added on to the standard 3.
  • Options
    Not exactly. This is actually a complicated process, but luckily help is at hand. :)

According to the Alex Ferguson Book of Mathematics, to find the precise injury time (in minutes) to be given in a game, the following formula must be applied:

if x = full time

y = Man U losing

z = Man U drawing

a = Man U winning

then

x + y = >8

x + z = 7

x + a = 0

:D
  • Options
    Very clever :)
  • Options
    I'm agreeing with what your all saying about Wenger talking shit because he does.
    Rugby is a contact sport, boxing is a contact sport.
    Football is. I don't know but from what you're writing you obviously don't play the game at all.
    The objective of football is to take the ball without touching the opposing player first. That is why I said that it isn't a contact sport. If you have to go through the opponent to get to the ball then you have comitted a foul, according to the laws of the game.
    Actually, according to the laws of the game you are allowed to shoulder barge each other if you are both within playing distance of the ball. I ask you - what's that if it isn't contact?
  • Options
    Actually, according to the laws of the game you are allowed to shoulder barge each other if you are both within playing distance of the ball. I ask you - what's that if it isn't contact?

Don't be so picky, Man of Kent explained what he meant.

Football is a contact sport, but you are not allowed as much contact as in rugby.

Unless of course you think in football you can grab an opposition player and throw him to the ground!
  • Options
    Football is. I don't know but from what you're writing you obviously don't play the game at all.

Not since I fucked up my knee in a tackle, no I don't play.

I referee instead :p

Depends on what you mean by a "barge", if neither player is knocked off his feet and neither player stumbles as a result of the challenge then no foul has been comitted.