Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bollocks.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For frick sake!!!
After a year of being fucking single, I meet a lush guy on the internet. We have sooo much in common, and he's funny and makes me laugh.
But we live at completely the other ends of the country.
And he's 22...

FUCK!!!!! Why's life so annoying????

Ilora x

Comments

• Options
    Awwwwww. Shit happens.
    I've got to admit, it's funny in a way (that you're at the opposite ends of the country). :D
    I used to chat with a girl in the US. We got on like a house on fire, but it was obvious that nothing was going to come of it. Fantastic person though. She's married with kids now, and we still occasionally chat/email.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    I used to chat with a girl in the US. We got on like a house on fire, but it was obvious that nothing was going to come of it. Fantastic person though. She's married with kids now, and we still occasionally chat/email.
    That exact same thing happened to me with a girl from canada, she was spectacular. doubt if i'll ever forget her in fact. Anyway she got married, dunno about the kids though because her email address isn't working any more which pisses me off!

still, it wouldn't have worked, nice idea though
  • Options
    The thing with people over the internet, is that you don't need to hide who you are. You can bitch when you like, you can do what you like and no1 can do fuck all about it. But this means that it's the real you and when people see this and are interested in the real you, as you two get to know each other better you realise that you get along brilliantly!

In real life you might meet someone and they seem nice but on closer insepction they aint all that good. Oh well.

But, what can you do?
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    The thing with people over the internet, is that you don't need to hide who you are. You can bitch when you like, you can do what you like and no1 can do fuck all about it. But this means that it's the real you and when people see this and are interested in the real you, as you two get to know each other better you realise that you get along brilliantly!

In real life you might meet someone and they seem nice but on closer insepction they aint all that good. Oh well.

But, what can you do?

:yes: although some people make up shit about who they are cos they find that no one can prove that what theyre saying is wrong, or untrue...but msot people are who they say they are, and that they show there true selves as they feel they dont have to hide behind an image...
  • Options
    I disagree it depends totally on the person, I consider myself to be totally upfront and blunt kind of person because I haven't got time for lies and bullshit therefore online or offline it really is WYSIWYG.
  • Options
    ye i guess in a way ur right, it does depend a lot on the individual but not everyone is like u... Some people are different. I try to be the same on here or anywhere else as i am in real life. doesnt always work tho, cos im quite shy, yet here i have no reason to be shy
  • Options
    Plus in real life not many people like people who are completely upfront I have found. Some people really do and find it far more a comfortable friendship or whatever but other people think it really is wierd to be so blunt so maybe thats the other reason people are not as open in real life.
  • Options
    Don't be too annoyed, Ilora. I met a guy on the net when I was 17 and we got on amazingly. He lived in Kent and I was in the Midlands - then moved to York for uni. Lots of distance but the relationship was brilliant. We had a wonderful 2 and a bit years together and, who knows, maybe the distance (and 7 year age gap) helped.
    The reason I took a job in London after graduating was to be near him but we ended up splitting up before it happened. That was just the natural course of things though, I'd changed a LOT in 3 years and basically grown out of the relationship.
    I wouldn't change anything if I could go back though, it was definately a very nice first love to have.
  • Options
    I do think internet dating is a bad idea if you are serious about finding a relationship as there are likely to be more than a few weirdos making things up or people who are just mucking about. There is also the problem of long distance. It is a shame that finding love has to be marred by practical considerations but unfortunately it is a fact of life.
    I think if you really really want a relationship a far better thing to do for these reasons is to find a proper dating agency. There may be some weirdos so you still have to be careful but there should be far fewer timewasters or people having a go at it just for fun. But I am not telling anyone what to do. It's entirely up to the individual.