Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What Would You Do?

Ok, imagine this...
It's around 9:15am, and it's raining, and you're tired. You're at school, walking outside across the tennis courts, on your way to mentoring (which, if you ask me, is a complete waste of time, but that's not the point!). Suddenly, you hear someone calling your name. You turn around, and the crazy welsh boy from the year below you is running towards you. He gives you a hug, you say hi, and you carry on walking.
The welsh guy, who's name is Tom by the way, is now behind you with two other girls from his year. One of the girls calls your name, and asks you if you will go out with Tom. But you think it's a joke, of course, don't you? Then the other girl adds "Please go out with him, we don't want him to turn out gay...". So now you're definately thinking this is some kind of joke. But then the other girl says, "He talks about you all the time. He wouldn't shut up about how he hugged you three times yesterday...". Apparently, they are very serious about what they're saying.
And then Tom is beside you once again. He's looking right at you, seriousness in his eyes. "Please..please?"
And by this time you're getting late for mentoring, and you know your mentor is going to come looking for you at any moment. What do you do?

Ok, so maybe that's kind of strange. But it happened to me today. It was totally unexpected. I ended up, in my very confused state, saying "Whatever," and walking away. Was that mean of me? What was I supposed to do? At the time, it seemed right. But Tom's a cool kid, and now we've broken up for half term, so I'm not going to see him for a while. I'm just wondering how other people would have reacted in that unusual situation...lol.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I'd probably sorta stare blankly. Then say I'd 'think about' and run...fast.

Thankfully the odds of it ever happening to me are slim!

It wasn't mean how you reacted at all. You were put on the spot, how could you have been expected to come up with a decent response?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    id go something like this......

:eek2:
  • Options
    I'd say 'er... maybe if he had the guts to ask me out himself!' and walk off.

Do you actually like him? Would you go out with him? In which case I don't think it's too late, wait until you go back after half term or if you have his number give him a call and say sorry about the dazed reaction and take it from there.

If you wouldn't go out with him, then don't worry it wasn't rude the way you behaved! He'll move on....
  • Options
    Exactly, he doesn't sound like the shy type- surely he'll ask you himself if he wants you bad enough. So don't worry about it!
  • Options
    i was in that exact posistion in your year, new school and this girl is going, go out with my mate! who i didn't really know but had given me a hugs earlier that morning. i said aswell, "whatever" coz this girl was bugging me and we were on and off for two yrs, and dont regret it at all. They're very rare! go for it!
  • Options
    the problems if face in your school daze eh!

Why don't you have a little fun with this guy? Make him do you little favours etc., hinting that he will get the goods if he does exactly what you say? :D