Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

decision time!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok people, here's my problem:

I've got a girlfriend who is really nice. Too nice. I almost feel guilty for going out with her. Thing is I'm beginning to get bored. I get fed up and bored sometimes, but she is really cute.

But I went out last Saturday night to a club and met this other girl who I ended up getting off with, she was trying all night. Thing is, she's absolutely stunning. She phoned me a few times and I ended up meeting her today for a bit. She seemed ok and was even better looking than I remember.

So now I'm faced with a dilemma, is it time to end my current relationship? I was thinking about breaking up anyway but I'm not certain that I want to. I'm worried that I'll miss her, but now I don't even think I deserve her. I really do feel bad but I know I should.

But I am young (21) and maybe I should enjoy myself. Other things are that my current girlfriend (22) lost her virginity to me and that makes it a bit special as well. This other girl is 23 and really is sensational.

I really don't know what to do, I think I should split up with my girlfriend if I can't keep away from other girls although this is the first time it's happened and I've been going out with her for 3 months, not that long I know.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Matt

Comments

• Options
    well u have cheated on ur gf so really u should own up and when u do she will most likely finish u so u dont really have a choice to make
  • Options
    DEFINETLY break up. If you truly wanted to be with her, you wouldn't be phoning up another girl. You will find someone that is just right for you some time. Good luck.
  • Options
    I think that you will find it very difficult to stay with your current g/f given what you've just done. I think it's a point of honour to be honest about it with her, though. Attempting to slink away into the night with someone new is NOT the way to go.
  • Options
    I'd really rather not tell her about this new girl when we split up, I think it would upset her too much.
  • Options

OK yes you have got yourself into a sticky situation. I'm with you on this one, you shouldn't tell her about the other girl. I mean you are gonna have to end it yes, so don't rub salt into her wounds just to make yourself feel better. Live with the guilt, but end it with your current girl. But do it nicely, our hearts are rather fragile..!!

• Options
    Result:

stayed with girlfriend and told the other girl I didn't want to see her anymore.
    I'm not going to tell my girlfriend about it.

thanks 4 the help
  • Options
    sometimes thats the best way....if t was just once, and u regret it...u dont need to hurt her by tellin her, just dont think u can get away with it and cheat every weekend coz ya cant !!! :P

*lecture over* heh heh!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Superman:
    I'm not going to tell my girlfriend about it.

I think that's right in the short term, but not so in the long term. Skeletons in closets have a way of walking out at inconvenient times, you know? Still, that's something to face a little later.