Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

it feels like ill never meet another girl

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
well...i just had a summer relationship wit this girl who i thought was perfect or me and we really connected...then i invited her on holiday wit me for this week..about 7 weeks ago. she tells me about 1 week later that she is goin out wit someone else so the holiday is cancelled. now i have not been wit a girl since and feel very empty...ive just lost my confidence....its effecting me...i dunno why. i guess i feel like i need some stability and i feel that with a girl. how do i feel normal again...i wont get a girlfriend till i get over this cause my confidence is at a all time low. help people?

Comments

• Options
    I know this probably won't help but you are going to have to get over her. Try to remember the nice times you had. If you don't want to go with anyone else yet then just get on with your life and it will happen naturally when you feel ready. Just go out with your mates and do stuff you enjoy to keep your mind off her and focus on other goals!
    I hope this helps.
  • Options
    Urk... not a nice situation to be in.

Loss of confidence is a nasty thing. It starts with romantic confidence and pretty soon spreads to everything, so you end up feeling like a total failure. Which is utterly false.

Like KrazedT said, it can help to lose yourself in other things. Work, sport, studies... they can all help a bit.

It sounds to me like you're not the kind of person to go "hunting" for a girl, as in a one-night-stand to make you feel better. If so, then you're going to have to let things evolve without a great deal of interference on your part. Sooner or later, you'll come across a lass (through sport, or work, or just randomly) and things will take off a little.

Like I say, don't expect a quick fix. There is one, of course, but one has to pay for that, and you don't strike me as that kind of guy.

Best wishes,

Mac